Jag Panzer Cast in Stone

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
I got a copy of the Cast in Stone record in the mail, I have listened to it once & so far I like, what I hear. I have a couple of their records & basically new to the band. They just issued some record of theirs from earlier in their career, anyone know if that's worth picking up?
SIXXSWINE-\m/

Decade of the Nail Spiked Bat.

I think it's worth it. It gives a lot of the newer fans a chance to hear the earlier stuff. I'm still a huge fan of Ample Destruction but it's out of print and can get expensive.

I am biased, however, as I've been a fan of them for a very long time and some people have a problem with Harry's voice.

Psychonaut said:
some people have a problem with Harry's voice.

They can destoy themselves. Conklin sings like a god.

Casting the Stones is pretty good, and sounds a lot more modern than their other releases. The album that was recently officially released is Chain Of Command, which was made in 1987. Bob Parduba does vocals on that album, it's pretty good with a "Somewhere In Time" feel to it.

I, however, would encourage you to hunt down a copy of Ample Destruction, one of the greatest albums EVER.

sixxswine said:
They just issued some record of theirs from earlier in their career, anyone know if that's worth picking up?

Chain Of Command is great, while Spiked Bat isn't that attractive to me, I prefer the original song versions...
I had the bootlegged COC for some time and the re-release really sounds better in any way! And I really like the vocal arrangement in the title song in it's original version, than the one Harry made up.

Casting The Stones is a great record!

"Casting the stones" ranks high for me this year, as for earlier recordings "Ample Destruction" rules !!

Personally I think that "Thane to the Throne" is their best album. Its a concept album that tells the story of Macbeth.

Very well done and great songs. As a whole though Jag Panzer is one of the best bands on the current metal scene. As long as Harry Cronclin is singing on their albums they are worth picking up. I can recommend them highly!!

O and btw, live they are fantastic!!