• Other

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • OPR...Of Course!!! L O L ! ! !

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters
Oct 26, 2002
RainbowLand
www.youtube.com
How does Children Of Bodom's keyboard player compare to the legendary skills of Deep Purple keyboardist Jon Lord?

Keep in mind that Jon Lord also composed an entire symphony with DP entitled CONCERTO FOR GROUP AND ORCHESTRA.

But I thought it was an interesting poll simply because Children Of Bodom have the most distinguishable keyboards in metal. Some may say Dream Theater, but their keyboards tend to distract rather than help.

I thought the same with Children Of Bodom, but after awhile, you realize it isn't COB without keyboards!

It´s a impossible choice to do... As somebody here talk.. John is a legend but actually Janne is the best keyboard player in metal, he´s very smart and have a lot of feeling.

But John Lord with his Ramond is incredible, I cannot understand how he play so great!!!!

Overlord Purple Rainbow said:
Uh...okay...

(walks in front of keyboard)

Uh...on second thought, I have this bad keyboard injury where I pulled a muscle...

I'll show you later... :lol:

:lol: Bad injury, huh? That is sooooooo Mustaine of you, OPR! :D

Sorry dude, but Janne gets my vote. :loco:

I can't compare two totally different styles...
Janne is a "monster" on the keyboards and the best on his style, but Lord is a "dinosaur" and I'm sure Janne is influenced by him...

But I'm a big big Deep Purple fan, so I vote for the master Jon Lord!!!!!
bowdown.gif

I will not vote, 'cos I just can't pick one of them...

Although they both have classical influences they have an entirely different style of playing. I'm sure that Jon can play as fast as Janne, and Janne can surely do some "jazzistic" things like Jon but they have a different approach in their bands, and both kick ass!! :headbang:

So go listen to their solos in CoB's Chokehold and Mask Of Sanity and Deep Purple's Burn and Pictures Of Home and go nuts!!! :worship: