JASON BECKER....This is depressing!

Wherewolf

New Metal Member
Nov 28, 2008
This absolutely crushes me! One of my all time faves, JASON BECKER!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't find this depressing. I find it incredibly inspiring. Sort of like the ultimate kick in the ass. If Jason Becker can create when he can't even move or speak, what the f**k excuse could I possibly have for not using all of my talents?

This report made me sad, yes. But it also made me feel very thankful to be alive and in good health.

Jason is an inspiration, dude. He was a killer guitarist before. He's a gifted composer now. Genius can't be stopped. It can only be slowed a bit.

I just couldn't imagine what he would be doing today if he didn't get sick, he would probably be giving Vai a run for his money for sure. It still makes me sad thinking of how much music we have lost over the years with him not being able to play, but at least he is still doing what he can and I have to give him so much respect for that.

He wasn't able to give us a helluva lot of music (unless you count the # of notes! lol).. but what he did give us set some standards.
I was a big Shrapnel/Varney head back in the day, and he was a kick ass guitarist. Loved his solo stuff, and I was a fan of the tedchnique of the Cacaphony stuff...
It took me a LONG while to appreciate what he had done with David Lee Roth... but that stuff just smoked as far as tasteful playing my a modern shredder.
He was a phenmoenal talent as a musician, and is even more of a talent IMO as far as composition and inspiration...
His spirit is amazing and inspirational

I don't find this depressing. I find it incredibly inspiring. Sort of like the ultimate kick in the ass. If Jason Becker can create when he can't even move or speak, what the f**k excuse could I possibly have for not using all of my talents?

This report made me sad, yes. But it also made me feel very thankful to be alive and in good health.

Jason is an inspiration, dude. He was a killer guitarist before. He's a gifted composer now. Genius can't be stopped. It can only be slowed a bit.

QFT!!! I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to be in his condition, just so thankful he is still around and has that incredibly inspiring attitude...

I knew he was sick. I recall seeing a video about him a few years ago, prior to his condition reaching this advanced stage. This video was a sobering reminder of just how fragile life can be.

Zod

Da kanyeshna. :kickass:
I couldn't have said it better myself.

He wasn't able to give us a helluva lot of music (unless you count the # of notes! lol).. but what he did give us set some standards.
I was a big Shrapnel/Varney head back in the day, and he was a kick ass guitarist. Loved his solo stuff, and I was a fan of the tedchnique of the Cacaphony stuff...
It took me a LONG while to appreciate what he had done with David Lee Roth... but that stuff just smoked as far as tasteful playing my a modern shredder.
He was a phenmoenal talent as a musician, and is even more of a talent IMO as far as composition and inspiration...
His spirit is amazing and inspirational

+1 or +1,000,000:headbang:

Wow. I'm glad his health has stabilized, but saddened that it's unlikely to improve. His courage -- and the courage of his friends and family who are helping him -- is just awe-inspiring.

Wow. That's phenomenal. I'm pretty much speechless about all that. Jason Becker is Superman for all I care. I now want both of those albums that he composed after his condition worsened. Some truly inspiring stuff, man.

Everyone who watches this video should buy his new CD, for two reasons:

1) Because I'm sure it's phenomenal
2) To support Jason, both emotionally, musically, and financially.

Craig (....ordering now....)

2 of the 3 new songs are brilliant. The other song is quite good, but its short and I haven't fully absorbed it yet.

The rest of it is stuff you already have if you own his discography. I don't. So I was glad to have it.