Jason Becker

Brahmabull117

New Metal Member
Nov 30, 2011
anybody here listen to this man at all??

He's my favorite guitarist and probably my favorite composer of all time. Here's the kicker...I'm not even a guy who likes neo-classical shred at all (with the exception of becker and symphony x). I can't stand Malmsteen and batio but I just love Becker's music

His music is just so beautiful and emotional...even when he's shredding at crazy tempos, It's still very tasteful. I consider the song - "End of beginnings" to be the greatest piece of music released at least in the last 20-25 years

Just astonishing to think a man who can't move, eat or talk could have created a piece of art like this. This is about as good if not better than Pachelbel's canon in d major

Last edited by a moderator:
Hes one of my favorite guitarist. Love this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtjOe5e9VFA

It's really a shame that people put him in the same list as guys like batio and Malmsteen

what happens is people see his name in that group and assume he's another talentless masturbation clown who just tries to slam as many notes as possible into every song.

Becker was in fact the perfect guitarist - amazing emotion, great compisitional skills and flawless technique/speed. Hell I think he played blues better than Eric Clapton does

this is pretty awesome

Jason playing Mozart symphony in the 80s before ALS

Probably the greatest of all time. I used to worship him like a God.

I consider him the greatest all around musician at least of the last 50 years or so - I've never heard anybody who could combine super tasteful songwriting and overwhelming passion/emotion with World Class guitar efficiency. He's like Yngwie Malmsteen, Joe Satriani and Eric Clapton all in one

How can one man create something like this...

then something like this

followed by something like this?? It's just mind boggling... he shreds faster than Yngwie, plays the blues better than Stevie Ray Vaughnan and composes classical pieces about as good as Beethoven's best