Jasun Tipton - "Night's Pulse"

ProgMetalFan

In the attic
Jan 3, 2002
PITTSBURGH
What does everyone think of this album? What is it like?
I can't get enough of Jasun's guitar... and I love Sean Flanegan on drums... so I think I'll probably get it in the near future!

Hey ProgMetalFan,

I would wait on getting it because i'm coming out with a new one that will have 4 of the 6 songs on the disc. It will be out sometime in 2004, all that's needed is Troy's tracks. The disc will have 6 new tracks with 4 from the first Night's Pulse disc to make it a complete CD. I had only enough money at the time to do half and always wanted to finish it up. I saved up the money and I can't wait to get it finished. On the first set of tunes I had Sean from Enchant who did an amazing job. THe next batch was done by John Perrine who is the drummer for Dali's. Perrine KILLS!!! I had down time back when we were doing Towers (Erik was doing his tracks) and I always wanted to do this style of music. The production is top notch due to Dino Alden, guy is amazing. Plus I believe all the vendors are soldout of the disc. Thanks so much for the intrest and thought i'd let you know the updated on the disc.

YOU RULE!!!!
Jasun/ZH

It is a cool Ep, kind of like Buckethead Colma or a less heavier and more melodic Gordion Knot, I think laser edge still have some copies. I often listen to it just before crashing out, a cool way to end a stress filled day. Looking forward to hearing it with the extra tracks.
PS Just don't expect a lot of crunching guitars, also Troy bass playing on it is really cool

Great disc, shows Jasun taking totally different approaches. I just can't wait for the next one, then again, I always say that about these guys.

The good news I have to give is Troy will be going up this week to track 3 of the 6 songs left. Very excited about this and I will keep you all updated on Nights Pulse recordings.

Jay

P.S. Cool to see my brotha Corey on the forum, NICE!!!!

Yeah Demon it's great!!!!

He still has his tough days but he's not letting it get the best of him. We always need to stay positive and do what we can.

Jay/ZH

Night's Pulse Rules! I say get them both. This is such a great mood setting collection of tunes. Jay's playing is superb! as is Sean's and Troy's. I cant wait for the next disc...I just pulled NP out again after a little hiatus and am enjoying regular listens again. Its also a great disc when trying to introduce people to ZH/DM and wanting to ease them into it ;)

Joel
Reading Zero

Joel my brotha!!!!

Hey everyone there is alot to get excited about in 2004. Joel and Reading Zero have some great material in the works. Joel we'll have to stay in touch on upcoming material brotha. Keep me posted on your end and lets keep email each other.

YOU RULE KAT and thank you for the comments. Coming from you it means alot.

Jasun/ZH

Well as i'm told at this moment they have things in the works as in the pre-production stage. That's about it at the moment. He recorded his tracks for that and I think Pat and Steve did the same. Time will tell.

Jasun/ZH

Here is the latest update on Night's Pulse!!!!

Troy went in yesterday and tracked 3 of the 6 tunes and it sounds amazing. He nailed it really quick so his arms are doing ok today, which is great to hear. We are that much closer to finishing Night's Pulse. Just 3 more tracks of Bass and Night's Pulse will be in the mixing and mastering stages. I'm very excited and wanted to share with everyone.

YOU RULE EVERYONE and have a great weekend.

Jasun

Awesome news!!! Troy is the man! Im sure he slayed...i cant wait to hear this disc brotha's.
Is it too early to start hoping for another Death Machine as well? ;)
Keep rocking dudes...
Talk to you soon!
Joel
Reading Zero

Great news, really good to hear that Troy is playing without any pain, he is an awasome bass player, really looking forward to hearing the new nightpulse disc. Thanks for keeping us all informed.
You RULE

Thanks guys!!!! Troy is starting on getting bass lines for the next 3 songs and hope to get around Feb. somtime to track the rest of it. Things can change but that is the goal at the moment. Thanks Hawk and Spatch, YOU GUYS RULE for all your support!!!!! Joel my brotha, how's everything going on your material? The little taste I heard was tight man. YOU RULE as well brotha Joel!!!

Jay

sounds interesting... ehm.. atmospheric guitar stuff?

you guys ruled at headway last year, really nice guys also
nice to know of Sean of Enchant there

Thanks so much for the compliment at Headway, we had such a great time!!

The newer material that is being added to complete Night's Pulse is a little all over the place. I have (What Dino calls it) a King Crimson kinda fusion song it. I Do some exotic playing as the melody lines followed with Shred at the end. The drums are amazing on that tune. Another tune that is very upbeat has alot of feel and shred as well. One song that I'm dedicating to Jason Becker has a ton of shred from start to finish. HE was a huge reason why I'm a play guitar today and is a killer track. There's alot of material that will be on this disc. I'm taking songs 3,4,5 and maybe 6 (I want to make a couple small changes in that tune.) adding them to the 7 new tracks. So it will either be 10 or 11 tracks and it's sounding amazing due to Troy, John, Sean and of course Dino Alden who sonically is the man. It's coming together and hope to have it out soon for everyone.

Jasun