Javier Saviola

Wolff

New Metal Member
May 9, 2001
I hear that Javier Saviola is one of most promising Argentinian player. Maradona said that he is very talented player and he may be one of the best player in the world. I hear that Juventus show interest in him.What you think about him? I would see him in Juve and I think he may be second Maradona!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total Posts: 9 | Joined April 2001 | Posted on: 9:06 am on April 18, 2001 | IP

Alex

President
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would love to see Saviola at Juve although I think it's unlikely to happen. Juve have many forwards as it is, too many, Cipriani is joining from Bologna next season. But even if Fonseca, Esnaider and Kova are sold, I think it's more likely for Moggi to spend his pocket change on some Italian young player.

The thing is we now have 3 strikers who all deserve to play. Bringing in another will not solve the problem. If we want more players we have to get players who won't mind sitting on the bench most of the season.

But it would surely be an exciting move!!

-----
Forza Alex! Forza Juve!
[Alex = numerodix ~= Martin Matusiak]

Total Posts: 1066 | Joined Dec. 2000 | Posted on: 9:35 am on April 18, 2001 | IP

Jules

Manager
I must confess I don't know much about the player. Whom does he play for now? I'd love to learn/
But I didn't think Cipriani was coming next year. I read he was staying another year at Bologna. Anyone know anything different?

-----
Everything's better with Guinness!

Total Posts: 1320 | Joined N/A | Posted on: 10:42 am on April 18, 2001 | IP

Cichy

Promising youngster
Javier Saviola is 19 years old and he play in River Plate.Last year he was best scorer in argentinian league and best player in South America.He is great !!!I know we have too many forwards but i think he is one of the player who is finest than Inzaghi and he might play with Alex in attack.

Total Posts: 9 | Joined April 2001 | Posted on: 10:55 am on April 18, 2001 | IP

Jules

Manager
Thanks for the info, Cichy.

-----

Total Posts: 1320 | Joined N/A | Posted on: 11:07 am on April 18, 2001 | IP

Antzh

Primavera player
Saviola in Juve? God please make that happen..

But is Cipriani really staying with Bologna next season?
Currently, four strikers with only one match a week will make some of our strikers unhappy.

But next season, with CL, Italian Cup, and League.. we definitely need new strikers.

Total Posts: 213 | Joined Dec. 2000 | Posted on: 8:01 pm on April 18, 2001 | IP

Anton

Promising youngster
It seems to me at us suffices attacking!
It is better to buy one more defender or midfield. for example Kily Gonzales!

-----
Antonio

Total Posts: 14 | Joined April 2001 | Posted on: 3:25 am on April 19, 2001 | IP

Cichy

Promising youngster
I think that good forward is more wanted, becouse in next year Juve will play in Champions League and we must have good attackers. Possibly Esnaider, Fonseca, Kovacewic might leave Stadio Delle Alpi next season and we must replace them. I bellive that Moggi will buy good players with the future like Javier Saviola.

Total Posts: 9 | Joined April 2001 | Posted on: 12:45 am on April 20, 2001 | IP

nina1981

Coach
We really do need a good attacker, much more them a player in other positions.
I have seen a couple of River Plate games and no doubt Saviola is a great talent. BUT I don't think he's the answer. He has no experiance of EU and ITA football.

-----
Three people could keep a secret, only if two of them would be dead.

Total Posts: 1283 | Joined Feb. 2001 | Posted on: 5:49 am on April 20, 2001 | IP

Jules

Manager
I get to see the Copa American televised this summer, and I'm very excited about it. I can finally see all of the up and coming South American players. And the mighty Canadian team. lol.

I would actually favour a young striker coming in and mixing things up a bit. I am of the mind, as Antzh has stated too, that we do need more strikers with everything that will be going on next season.

Instead of superstars, because superstars are prone to complaining and cause disharmony in the team, if we could get our hands on some young, talented men (my personal wish too, but that's a whole different topic )
we could really make a splash in Europe.

I remember the year that our main strikers, Alex and Alan Bosic (forgive spelling) were injured. Lippi drew fron the bench. Whom did he find? Christian Vieri and Nicola Amoruso. We went all the way to the final with these guys. Now I always liked Amoruso, and was sorry to see him go. But the point here is that these 2 unexpected starters became heroes, and there is a lot of talent between them.

Perhaps an aquisition like this Saviola would be just what the doctor ordered. I'm torn on Cipriani. I like him a great deal, but I would like to see him play as much as possible, and continue to learn from Signori for another season.

What about Max Vieri? I heard we were calling him back. He plays for my father's hometown team, and from what I have heard, they are quite fond of him there.

I definitely think that young is the way to go. And not Ego Young, like Cassano. He's Roma's problem now.

-----

the first time i heard of Saviola was a couple of years ago whilst playing Championship manager, i wondered why he was one of the best players in the world according to the game stats and no one had heard of him. i started watching south american football and saw Saviola play, and wow, he scored a great volley from outside the area and i think he will make it in world football. its hard to judge a player too well if playing a league where skill is a big part and defense is weak but i do think he will be a big player in future, maybe win the world cup back for Argentina:err: