Jazz

lasercd

Man Behind The Curtain
Dec 26, 2002
www.lasercd.com
Anyone besides me listen to it?

If yes:

What are you spinning lately?

Would you have interest in us offering jazz on the site? CD? Vinyl?

I find that, generally, my favorite jazz music resides on the ECM label. I have a pile of albums from Pat Metheny, Keith Jarrett, Terje Rypdal, Jan Garbarek, etc... In terms of more accessible stuff, I enjoy Weather Report, Passport and Jan Akkerman, and others although I tend go back to the ECM catalog when I really want to scratch that itch.

I find that, generally, my favorite jazz music resides on the ECM label. I have a pile of albums from Pat Metheny, Keith Jarrett, Terje Rypdal, Jan Garbarek, etc... In terms of more accessible stuff, I enjoy Weather Report, Passport and Jan Akkerman, and others although I tend go back to the ECM catalog when I really want to scratch that itch.
I love ECM and its sister label JAPO.

I like instrumental jazz (jazz fusion, jazz rock). I thoroughly enjoy Return To Forever, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Passport, Weather Report, and Planeta Imaginario. I'm still learning what I like, having spent most of my years listening to metal.

I like instrumental jazz (jazz fusion, jazz rock). I thoroughly enjoy Return To Forever, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Passport, Weather Report, and Planeta Imaginario. I'm still learning what I like, having spent most of my years listening to metal.
All wonderful bands but not jazz. Those are fusion/jazz rock. Related but different.

I apologize.....I'll go stand in the corner for a while.....(hangs head in shame)

Ken,

Forgot to ask you earlier. What are your thoughts on Bill Bruford's Earthworks? I enjoyed some of their earlier stuff in the late 80's and early 90's but then lost touch with what they were up to. Thanks!

Ken,

Forgot to ask you earlier. What are your thoughts on Bill Bruford's Earthworks? I enjoyed some of their earlier stuff in the late 80's and early 90's but then lost touch with what they were up to. Thanks!
Personally I’m not a fan. I saw Earthworks eons agol. I like Bill’s playing in a rock and jazz rock context. In a pure jazz style I didn’t connect with it.

I would love for you to have jazz CDs for sale.

ECM and JAPO have a lot of good stuff. I also like JMT, Black Saint and stuff like CMP Records. Sadly CMP is gone, but I still see some reissues of CMP stuff by Silva Screen. MPS was also a killer label with a lot of interesting artists.

Reactions: lasercd
Barber sound like BB's, I love the BB's. Alperin is ECM jazz style stuff very atmospheric.

Listed to these albums the other day. Beck was nice but a little safe. Network is really good. Watanabe is interesting as always, but production on this one is more on the funky side.

Joe Beck - Beck (1975)
Network - Corroded Path (1993)
Kazumi Watanabe & Manhattan Blaze - Village in Bubbles (1978)

Listed to these albums the other day. Beck was nice but a little safe. Network is really good. Watanabe is interesting as always, but production on this one is more on the funky side.

Joe Beck - Beck (1975)
Network - Corroded Path (1993)
Kazumi Watanabe & Manhattan Blaze - Village in Bubbles (1978)
These are jazz rock albums. Not jazz.