JCM800 w/ impulses

kass

Oct 24, 2007
i feel funny posting this here, you're clips make mine sound like a pile of dung:worship:

but you guys are into impulses more than the HCAF guys so maybe you would like to hear it

Edwards LP > 2204 > Reaper > JJ Powertube imps

bass is just straight DI with no amp sim or anything. My GuitarRig is fuckin up lately and wont load

drums are EZdrummer....not happy with em but of course i dont know shit about it

anyway...:puke:

http://www.soundclick.com/util/downloadSong.cfm?ID=5905270&key=13F2DDAA-5

Bitchin' tone dude!

And Kaomao, it makes me chuckle to hear an Italian guy refer to something as "Southern Rock." I guess it just goes to show the age of globalization we live in! (and the fact that that is the actual name of the genre, of course)

yep southern rock is the shit ;)
I think guitars needs more highs, not really that much, but a little bit would help.

+1 Just a little more highs. Or just a thought, throw some tracks with the WagnerSharp under those Marshall tones. Could be interesting (just my opinion). Oz got me to thinking about this idea with his Windsor/5150 clip.

Sounds really good! And don't be timid to post your stuff. We're all here just to learn and improve.

Cool tone, cool tune. I love it.
Is that a Down song? It sounds just like them.

nah just a little riff i used to test the tone

I kinda like it now though...i might complete the song at some point. I dont want to be a ripoff though! but who cares...:lol:

I dont really listen to Down...i like a couple of their songs but im not a big fan

thanks for the comments guys!

Bitchin' tone dude!

And Kaomao, it makes me chuckle to hear an Italian guy refer to something as "Southern Rock." I guess it just goes to show the age of globalization we live in! (and the fact that that is the actual name of the genre, of course)

The point is I know what's Down so I know what's souther rock ahahha lol
So if I listen to swedish death metal and I say "oh that's a great G
öteborg sound" do you think that is globalization as well?
Anyway internet has open the way we think global.
I like being in touch with so many people around the globe ;)

Well saying "that's a great Göteborg sound" would make a little more sense cuz your specifying a location, but hey, I'm all for it - I was just observing, not trying to criticize or anything :headbang:

That is wonderful raw Marshall tone man!! Very nice and organic indeed. I really dig that. So how did you use impulses with the 800? I can't remember if they had a direct out or not.

-Joe

nah just a little riff i used to test the tone

I kinda like it now though...i might complete the song at some point. I dont want to be a ripoff though! but who cares...:lol:

I dont really listen to Down...i like a couple of their songs but im not a big fan

thanks for the comments guys!

You should definitely complete it. We need more bands with that style/sound.
:headbang:

That is wonderful raw Marshall tone man!! Very nice and organic indeed. I really dig that. So how did you use impulses with the 800? I can't remember if they had a direct out or not.

-Joe

i ran it through a WEBER MASS and used the DI out from that

Damn that sounds sweet. I'm really diggin' the tune. If you finish it, send it to me. I'd love to drop some vocals on that shit!

Well saying "that's a great Göteborg sound" would make a little more sense cuz your specifying a location, but hey, I'm all for it - I was just observing, not trying to criticize or anything :headbang:

Well it sounded too harsh but it really wasn't sorry ;), it was just me thinking about what's globalization and what it's normal way to call a genre ;)
I mean all around the globe people knew what southern rock is.
Well on here we always called lynyrd skynyrd southern rock even before the internet ;)

Both clips sound pretty sweet dude, really has that "southern rock" tone that other people here have mentioned. Pretty nice low end, you need to write some CoC style shit with these tones man, would sound awesome!