Jeff Loomis

American Alexi

Warrior of Modern Death
Dec 19, 2001
Long Island/Rochester, New York
Visit site
Jeff Loomis is one of my favorite guitar players. He's fuckin amazing, especially the demo shit from his band before Sanctuary and Nevermore.

I've looked everywhere, read every interview, but I still don't know...How long has he been playing guitar for?

lol..

Loomis rules. Every time I put in a Nevermore CD I always find myself scratching my head and going, "well why the hell can't I write riffs like that?!"

The Concert has been on Feb 21st 2001. As I said I am not that sure, could be 17 years (though I think that he said 13...), but I definitely know that is has been less than 20 years.

Originally posted by [KOTNO]Narrot
only 13 years? when was that gig? in 1994 or smth?
what do you mean only?my bandmate has been playing for 6-7 years and can play all of Loomis' stuff...it's all about much and right practice man,you don't need 50 years to get that good,cool down:)

Narrot: Das war eigentlich ganz einfach; Ich kam relativ früh zu dem Konzert in der Zeche Bochum, und in der Kneipe liefen dann Nevermore durch die Gegend, denen ich dann auf die Nerven gefallen bin :D (ist in der Zeche irgendwie immer so)

Hm...and I still believe that Jeff said he'd play for 13 years, not since he was 13...guess it's time for them to come back to Germany to help us answering this difficult question.

He was 13 when he started. I have read it. He also started out as a classical palyer, taking lessons.\

Isnt he 31 or 32 yrs old?

there should be an interview at the site with all this info.

I dont memorize this shit, but my memory serves me well, even after years of smoking POT hahaha

Loomis is a fucking maniac on the seven string! The shit he plays is so fucked up, it makes me go INSANE when I'm headbanging to it!

**BWD takes time to look back at this post and thinks to himself: "Wow, using words like 'fucking', 'shit', and 'fucked up', I just lowered the intelligence levels of the entire board! WHOOOOEEEEEEE!!!**

;)

If he is 30 and told me that he would be playing for 17 years my Info would have been correct...
Damn, so young but my brain's nearly dead (dead brain in a dead head, haha...)