Jeff Scott Soto - Essential Ballads

edgeofthorns

24 Hours Ago...
Jan 2, 2005
City beneath the surface
Well, I made my monthly run to the Disc Exchange in Knoxville, TN over the weekend and bought a few things. I picked up the following: Iced Earth - 3 disc Alive in Athens set, Circle II Circle - Middle of Nowhere, Jaded Heart - Trust, and Jeff Scott Soto's - Essential Ballads.

With that said, does anyone else have the JSS disc? I've listened to most of it, but being a fan of his anyway, I knew I'd like it. I feel like Jeff has been overlooked by the majority, but surely his run with Journey will earn him the exposure that he deserves. I'm really looking forward to hearing a new studio effort by Journey as well. So, if you're a sucker for a good love ballad on this Valentine's Day, I'd suggest giving JSS - Essential Ballads a spin. :worship:

Reactions: Heavenly Call
Love love love JSS. Absolutely classic. I think I've liked everything he's done to this point. Of all his work, though, I think i like "Lost in Translation" the best. I also really liked that Eyes project he was on.

SIDE NOTE: Do you have an address for that store in Knoxville?

Love love love JSS. Absolutely classic. I think I've liked everything he's done to this point. Of all his work, though, I think i like "Lost in Translation" the best. I also really liked that Eyes project he was on.

SIDE NOTE: Do you have an address for that store in Knoxville?

I don't have one off hand, but their website is www.discexchange.com. They have two locations down there. They do mail order too, but you can't buy used discs online. It's a great store though.

I went to the Journey show at H.O.B. in Orlando this past Monday night and JSS was awesome. He has a great voice and brings alot of energy on stage. The place was packed!

I'm actually a really big fan of ballads -- on a lot of metal albums, the ballad is my favorite track -- but a whole album of ballads just becomes too much for me. Nice collection of tunes, just tough to sit through. Too bad the lyrics are so painfully shallow ... and sometimes just embarassingly poorly written. Great voice, though.

A fun, light summer disc for me. Up there -- but not as good as -- Firehouse's "Good Acoustics".

I bought this disc for my wife when it came out because she LOVES JSS.

What are you saying Venom, that I like chic music? :p
No not at all. I love his voice, probably my 2nd favorite melodic vocalist after JOrn and before DC Cooper. I am very proud of JSS for being the new singer for Journey. I have followed his career since he was on the first 2 Yngwie records!!:kickass:

No not at all. I love his voice, probably my 2nd favorite melodic vocalist after JOrn and before DC Cooper. I am very proud of JSS for being the new singer for Journey. I have followed his career since he was on the first 2 Yngwie records!!:kickass:

Yeah, I know. I'm looking forward to hearing him front Journey for sure.