Jens @ wikipedia

Ond

Borkky!
Sep 18, 2009
Portugal
Well, I don't know about wikipedia in other languages, but there's no page for Mr. Ryland in english wikipedia.

So, my fellow Borky-Bork companions, let's start gathering some info and create one, because he deserves it.
Here's what I've got, besides the obvious:

Jens Fredrik Ryland was born in 1974, played for Borknagar from 1997 to 2003 and he got back in the band in 2007. He also played for DHG in 2001 and 2002.
He lives in Oslo and heights 189cm. Enjoys cooking, fishing and playing lotro. :lol:

"The Inferno Festival, held in Oslo, was started and founded in 2001 by Jens Ryland who wanted the Norwegian metal community to come together for a celebration of extreme music"

:lol: I think he looks more like Obélix actually, just blond. Maybe if he dyes his hair red he would do an awesome Obélix cosplay.

He's, for some reason, blond in this one. The resemblance is undeniable :p :

obelix2.jpg

obelix.jpg

I love Asterix by the way :) .

wow........you guys are like Trekkies of black metal. I hereby define, and certify that you extreme Borknagar fans who have nothing better to do with your time, are now known as "Borkkies".

Ya, BTW, be sure to include in Jens' Wiki page that he is quite fond of "Lord of the Rings online" and the 2nd solo on "Inherit the Earth" hahaha.

pfft..
After these hollidays are over I'm probably gonna have a strong resembelance to Obelix yes!!!
Asterix is my nr 1 cartoon yes...
I never thought about the wiki, if you need anything just come directly to the source...

Going to the source is no fun. Apparently it's much better to ask Tyr and Dave. :kickass:

By the way Dave, I'm just a Borkkie because I'm unemployed. :lol: Let's hope that situation changes soon.
I will listen to Inherit the Earth now and be quiet for a while...

Well, Øystein was always Obelix :D

:lol: I guess you're right if you're talking about Empiricism-era looks, since the beard made him look a lot like Obélix. But now, all bald, you can't really related him to any character, since even GAIVS IVLIVS CÆSAR had some hair :p . And I can't think of any characters for the rest of the band, only as pesky Roman legionaries :lol: .

wow........you guys are like Trekkies of black metal. I hereby define, and certify that you extreme Borknagar fans who have nothing better to do with your time, are now known as "Borkkies".

Ya, BTW, be sure to include in Jens' Wiki page that he is quite fond of "Lord of the Rings online" and the 2nd solo on "Inherit the Earth" hahaha.

Hahaha :lol: thank you, I guess. Well, I am a Trekkie to some extent. We are now the Borkkies, hurrah!

Now we should make an 'Official Borkky Fanboy/Groupie" shirt, what say Elvina? ;)

pfft..
After these hollidays are over I'm probably gonna have a strong resembelance to Obelix yes!!!
Asterix is my nr 1 cartoon yes...
I never thought about the wiki, if you need anything just come directly to the source...

Haha what do you normally eat there for Xmas? o_O a black metal band celebrates Xmas?!?!?

Yes, Astérix is awesome. My grandma was a French teacher, so I got into the comics reading hers when I was about, well, about 7 I guess. But then again, by then I had seen Dragon Ball at least thrice.

Ond, keep up the good work with the Wiki stuff :) .

Ok, Jens, here you go!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jens_Fredrik_Ryland

I had quite a struggle with the wikipedia guys. I had to convince them that you are a known and famous person, and that you deserve a wikipedia page. :D

Edit: By the way, it was written that you were 189cm high, but they deleted that part. However, they didn't remove the Asterix quote... :lol::lol::lol:

Ahaha roger that.
It was good anyway, we have the info box now. Thanks.
Does any of you guys have a nice photo of Ryland playing guitar to put on the page?

Next step: gather info about Jens and the Inferno Festival.
Then: probably research Jens' early life and how he got into music.