14. I Saw You Yesterday

15. Face The Day

Label: InsideOutMusic
Release date: 2004
Artist site:
http://www.jerrygaskill.com/
GRADE:
8/10

Well, here we are, a solo album from the only member of KING'S X who, up to this point, had not released one. Anxioulsy awaited by fans of the band, Come Somewhere is a glimpse into Jerry Gaskill's world. Sonically, the album is very much Beatles influenced (surprise, surprise), mostly acoustic, but yet flavored with some nice distorted guitar from bandmate Ty Tabor, who also provides bass, keys and handles the production duties.

The songs are short, catchy little ditties, filled with beautiful vocal melodies. I wonder how long he's been sitting on this material as some of it would've fit perfectly on a few of the more recent KING'S X releases. For the life of me, I cannot understand why I have seen some less than favorable reviews of this album. It is easily better than both of Tabor's solo albums and right up there with the POUNDHOUND records and Pinnick and TROUBLE guitarist Bruce Franklin's SUPERSHINE.

It's not heavy, in a heavy sense, but in a heady sense. Do yourself a HUGE favor and grab your best pair of headphones and let it pour directly into your head. Take a swim, the water's nice.

PJ