jesus

xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
okay. I am leaving work Jan.18th, right? and I have a ton of shit to clean up here.

I just learned that BC will only pay for one year (105 hours) of vacation time.

I have ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY FOUR hours of vacation time.

Meaning I have to somehow squeeze two weeks of vacation in in ADDITION to the ten days I get off around Christmas/New Year's.

holy moley!

I honestly think they won't let me/I won't be able to! and I've spent three years hoarding vacation time (taking only three days this summer!) for nothing!

i'm sure if you tell them you'll be taking the time off if they can't pay it out, they'll call the extra a severance package or something. if you ask right.

i dunno, they sounded pretty "welp" about it! I said something like,

"Wow, I have that much left? Okay, well, I'm going to have to figure out how to use it up somehow...I'll get back to you on which days I'll need, but I need to talk to Naomi (my coworker) when she gets back (she's out with pneumonia) so we can ensure she doesn't get TOO pounded by our shared work...Any recommendations?"

the response was just "okay, let us know". if they wanted to keep me, they could've said something then.

well if i were you, i'd suggest (as we do to our clients) to tell your supervisor you're going to talk to HR about it and then go talk to HR and say you dont want to take the time off b/c you want to finish work responsibly, but you feel weird about not getting the $$.
also, very important: is this one year max payout policy in your employee handbook?

I don't know, I don't even know where I'd find the employee handbook. I talked to Human Resources at BC central and they told me, and I double-checked it with my bosses here at the library. I'm guessing there is a 95% chance BC didn't fuck up and leave it out, if that's what you're saying might have happened...

okay since they didn't get the damn hint I flat-out emailed them and suggested extending my official resignation date to two weeks after I actually stop working here. they said they'd talk it over over the next few days and get back to me.