Jiffy Lube

Doodoobubbachuck

Maidens' drums
Aug 2, 2002
theironmaidens.com
Did anyone see the report on KNBC on an undercover investigation they did on Jiffy Lube? Out of 9 Jiffy Lubes they went to, 5 of them ripped them off and charged them for services not rendered! They put cameras underneath the hood of their car and marked their fuel filter before taking their vehicle in for a recommended oil change and a fuel filter replacement, but oil was never changed and the fuel filter was not touched either, but they were charged for it anyway. So busted!!! Two of them were in the San Fernando Valley and I noticed while driving by today they weren't as busy as they usually are. Geez. Here's a link: http://www.nbc4.tv/news/9265933/detail.html

This is now the third time in three years that Jiffy Lube told us it was cleaning up its act.

Can you say lying cheating bastards boys and girls? I thought you could.

I had a coworker who was a total gear head on cars. He had a cam shaft in his office a decor. :loco:

Anyway he told me many a horror story about the lousy oil and filters they use if they actually change something. Even if half was true, it was scary enough. Good that those moes got busted.

Ever since my vehicles were new they went to the dealer for oil changes. Yeah cost a bit more but I don't get greasy and they cannot say routine maintainence wasn't done in the event of a failure.

Closes that damn loophole in the warranty statement.

Jim

It's good that you take it to the dealer.
I work for one, and you would be surprised to see how many cars get towed in from "quick lube" places for not having the right oil filter put on!!
They end up having to put a new engine in the car cause all the oil leaked out.

Maiden_Cali said:
It's good that you take it to the dealer.
I work for one, and you would be surprised to see how many cars get towed in from "quick lube" places for not having the right oil filter put on!!

I figure if they are carrying the warranty they have a vested interest in keeping it from breaking down. It has worked for 3 vehicles so far.

Jim

What a bunch of crooks. You can't trust mechanics or lube joints these days, that's why I change my own oil. It's really difficult to find an honest car repair/lube business these days. Some lube places will even "forget" to put the oil in your car after it's been drained. That happened to a friend of mine.

I had a sweet 1984 (in 1986)Toyota celica gt and took it to Firestone for an oil change...I'm cruising down the freeway and hear clunkaclunka....BAM!!!

MotherF*ckers didnt put the oil filter in properly and a week later I'm out of oil and I blew my engine...thing was I lost my receipt and couldnt prove a thing...bastards.

I don't get why people go to those place these day with gas prices being the way they are....I can change out the oil in about 15 minutes.

Jiffy Lubes are the McDonalds of the car repair business. Would a good cook work at McDonalds? Therefore, would a good mechanic work at Jiffy Lube? I go to the local neighborhood family owned shop where they care about building trust with their customers.

Safer to do it yourself or bring it to the dealer.
We can check your (dealer) history, plus all your warranty info will always be in the system. If we screw up, the customer has no worrys. But of course that never happens.
:)

We have Jiffy Lube in Sacto, but we also used to have Econo Lube n Tune... That company used to get busted left and right for rip offs. I think the Gov't should crack down on this a bit more and not waste time and money on gay marriage issues.... GEEZ where are our priorities?? :::scratches head:::

oh no! i used them last month! i did notice they failed to fill up my washer fluid even tho that box was checked as done.... 5 outta 9 huh - not good odds. so they're using the extra stock for side jobs, pocketing the inventory, or just getting off on being malicious? slackers!!!

MiniMurray said:
oh no! i used them last month! i did notice they failed to fill up my washer fluid even tho that box was checked as done.... 5 outta 9 huh - not good odds. so they're using the extra stock for side jobs, pocketing the inventory, or just getting off on being malicious? slackers!!!

No matter who changes my oil for the first week I always watch for leaks. It is a damn good habit to get into. Whenever you go to your vehicle, glance under the front for any leaks. Can save your ass and takes no effort.

Only once I had a leaky filter and noticed very quickly.

Jim

Every time I went to a mechanic for a clutch of whatever, I got ripped off; even from garages that are said to be good… All of them are nothing but a bunch of cheating bastards and crooks; I only go to the dealer these days.

I've been selling auto parts in Orange County since '90. If you need someone to work on your car, let me know where you live and I can send you to someone that I know.

A buddy works at a Chevron on PCH & MacArthur. He lets me use his rack to do my own oil changes on Saturday mornings. I took him to meet Ozzy & Tony Iommi when I won a contest on KLOS, so he always takes good care of me and my friends.

I have customers up in L.A./valley and some out of state, too.

I have a little Mazda MX3 that needs a maintenance job but don't know where to take it. It was a gift from my bro who went off to Iraq and fixed it up all nice before leaving. I just don't trust anyone. There's a dealer nearby but dare I go there with a model they don't even make parts for any more? I take my truck to the dealer where I bought it, maybe they know someplace they can refer me to?

Anyone know a trustworthy place in the San Fernando Valley?

Doodoobubbachuck said:
I have a little Mazda MX3 that needs a maintenance job but don't know where to take it. It was a gift from my bro who went off to Iraq and fixed it up all nice before leaving. I just don't trust anyone. There's a dealer nearby but dare I go there with a model they don't even make parts for any more? I take my truck to the dealer where I bought it, maybe they know someplace they can refer me to?

Anyone know a trustworthy place in the San Fernando Valley?

I have a guy in Reseda. That work for ya?

George @
G V S AUTOMOTIVE
7444 RESEDA BLVD STE M

(818) 881-8505

Tell him that Pablo from IMC referred you.. Shoot, I could have given you one of his cards on Friday had I known last week.

I've heard so many horror stories about Jiffy Lube, I could write a book. Everything from blown engines, loose filters and drain plugs, and in one case, overfilling the engine by about, oh, say, 3 gallons! That last one was one of my personal fave's...it happened to a customer of mine.

Linda: You might ask your dealer if they would be willing to check out the Mazda. Most dealerships don't limit themselves to the particular brand they sell...

Jeez....sorry to hear all the bad news about mechanics. I've been working at a garage in Reseda for eight years now. We've heard every story in the book. But if you ask me, the dealers aren't always the answer. It all depends upon whether or not they've got a kick-ass crew working there. There might even be reputable top-notch guys working at the lube places. They just get stuck working there for a while because they were desperate for a job. And every mechanic working for the big companies is always under constant pressure to bust his ass, working as hard as possible on dozens of cars day after day after day. There's still a few hard core mechanics out there.