JIMMY PAGE Guests On 'Ellen DeGeneres Show', Discusses Possibility Of LED ZEPPELIN Re

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
LED ZEPPELIN guitarist Jimmy Page was a featured guest on this past Friday's (November 21) edition of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show". Page and DeGeneres discussed the rocker's newly released photographic autobiography, "Jimmy Page By Jimmy Page" and the ongoing LED ZEPPELIN reissue campaign. They also addressed the UK tabloid rumor that ZEPPELIN lead singer Robert Plant had turned down an $800 million offer from British mogul Richard Branson for a ZEPPELIN reunion tour."Well, I don't know anything about it," said Page. "No, I really don't. I've heard all manner of detail on this and I thought, 'Well, I don't know anything about this.' I didn't know anything about it all."Asked if the group would consider reuniting for a tour, Page said, "Well, I don't know. He's becoming very difficult, isn't he?" referring to Plant. "I think you've got the wrong one sitting here," implying the question needs to be answered by the singer. He added: "I love playing LED ZEPPELIN music, let's put it that way."Both Plant and Branson have issued denials that any LED ZEPPELIN reunion offer had been made. Page has remained busy throughout all the rumor mongering and he-said, she-said games pertaining to the tour that never was, and instead has focused on publicizing the new expanded reissues of ZEPPELIN's "Led Zeppelin IV" and "Houses Of The Holy" collections. The Pulse Of Radio asked Page if there's footage of any LED ZEPPELIN recording sessions. "No, no there isn't," he said. "Because it was a very sort of private world, it was ruthlessly efficient in nits delivery of the music and there was no time for waiting to see whether somebody'd put a magazine in his camera and all of that. I mean, it was like pulling teeth just having a photographer in there on a couple of occasions. They were just interfering with the flow of what the music was about."

More...