JOE PERRY 'Really Would Like To' Record Some New AEROSMITH Music

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
AEROSMITH's Joe Perry has told Best Classic Bands that hopes he and his bandmates will be able to enter the studio soon to begin work on new music for the follow-up album to 2012's "Music From Another Dimension!" "Steven [Tyler, vocals] and I have talked about it and the other guys have talked about it," Perry said. "We've been so involved with other things. I know Steven's been doing his solo [country] thing. We haven't gotten down to things specifically, but I really would like to [record] some new music. It's kind of in that chill time [right now] for AEROSMITH." AEROSMITH guitarist Brad Whitford told Billboard Argentina last year that the band spent some time at a London, England studio laying down a new song that he described as "very rock 'n' roll." "Music From Another Dimension!" was released when AEROSMITH's label, Columbia Records, was reportedly going through a leadership change, and it ended up becoming a commercial disappointment. The lackluster response to the disc later caused two bandmembers — Perry and drummer Joey Kramer — to question whether there's any point in AEROSMITH making future albums. Perry's new solo album, titled "Sweetzerland Manifesto", is set for release on January 19. All the songs on "Sweetzerland Manifesto" are Perry originals, with some help from the legendary Terry Reid. The album also features a cover of Barry McGuire's 1965 chart-topper "Eve Of Destruction". High-profile guests on the album are CHEAP TRICK frontman Robin Zander, THE WHO's Zak Starkey and Johnny Depp on drums, with vocals by Perry, Reid and David Johansen.

Continue reading...