JOE PERRY Says His Autobiography 'Goes A Little Deeper Than The Usual Sex-Drugs-And-R

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
AEROSMITH guitarist Joe Perry spoke about his recently released memoir, "Rocks: My Life In And Out Of Aerosmith", during an appearance on "Good Day Book Club" on FOX-TV's "Good Day New York". You can watch the segment below.Said Perry: "This book goes a little deeper than the usual sex-drugs-and-rock-and-roll book. I mean, if you read any of these kinds of books or… VH1, actually, had a show for a couple of seasons, that just talked about that kind of a thing, 'Behind The Music', so that part of the story's been told. It's not what it is. I mean, there's no denying we had our ups and downs with that. But it's deeper than that. And I think that one of the things that people will be surprised at is the amount of tension and the amount of effort that went into keeping the band together after we got sober and all during the '80s and '90s when we were, arguably, more successful than we were in the '70s.""Rocks: My Life In And Out Of Aerosmith" came out on October 7 via Simon & Schuster.The guitarist worked on "Rocks: My Life In And Out Of Aerosmith" with author David Ritz, who has written books with B.B. King, Jerry Wexler and Bettye LaVette.Perry told Billboard.com during a recent interview that he was never into the groupie scene, even at the height of AEROSMITH's success."I was always kind of a one-girl guy, and I was always looking for the right girl," he said. "I finally found her [wife Billie Perry]. We have a 30-year marriage, and we're still going strong."

More...