Johan's enunciation ( about the singing )

StealerAG

Darkness reared its head
Sep 5, 2008
Ginosa (TA), ITALY
I noticed that his enunciation in the last 3 years has been a bit strange.
In the albums he has a clear pronounciation,but in the live he often sings in a strange way.

This is from 2005 to our days.

In the past lives he had a clear pronounciation ( I've got the Live in Springfield,absolutely brutal ),that made his growls and screams sound like a fucking thunder,but now he sings like he has something in his mouth.
I thought that this is 'cause he often gets himself drunk before the shows,but I'm not sure of it.

Anyway,he's still fucking awesome,but in 2002 was K-I-L-L-E-R

When I saw them in Anaheim on the Thunder God tour his vocals sounded great, sorry I can't be of any help.

When I saw them in Anaheim on the Thunder God tour his vocals sounded great, sorry I can't be of any help.

At any rate you can make out the words, which is not that common for people who do death vocals.

Every non-native speaker has the right to a bad pronunciation day every now and then. There are days where I can barely string a sentence together... And I don't normally have a problem with English :)

Pretty certain if he was getting drunk before shows they'd be looking for a replacement.
Note that drinking onstage =/= getting hammered before hand.

Anyhow, I hadn't noticed anything.

Guys,I'm not saying that he doesn't sing well.
He's really badass,but I noticed a difference in the way he sings.

Personally I like more his past years.

Maybe I'll put up some videos,and then you'll notice the difference.

I don't think it's Johan himself I think it's more the newer albums are more over produced than in the past thus losing some of the character of the musicians that used to stand out more in older stuff.

Just my opinion no need for anyone's knickers to get twisted.

Not really at all; The production is so much clearer on WOoOS it's really amazing. It's almost a minimalist production job; just record everything with high quality equipment, mix until the levels are about right, and voila. TotTG has a denser sound, but it's still a cleaner production job than in the past. The main difference is that Johan's vocals are definitely heavily produced. So he won't sound like on album live, but he still more or less nails Asator every night and if he can do that I don't really care what they do to his voice.

of course we would hand him the bottle from the first row ;)

not like the person that threw that viking helmet at him somewhre at the beginning of the Wrath of the Norsemen Show in Cologne :lol:

aha! it only took me a little over a year to figure out why you're so biased toward the band!
so that avatar... is that you or johann?