John Kelly (Type O Negative) and I, 3 years in a row!

David Gold

Son of the Darkest Blues
Feb 20, 2004
No hometown, Ontario.
www.woodsofypres.ca
DavidGoldandJohnKelly.JPG

This year (last week), John Kelly (drums - Type O Negative) pointed at me and recognized me, as 'that Canadian guy who comes to find him at the NAMM show in California every year and asks to have take a photo with him'. John Kelly is a super nice guy and it's always a thrill for me to meet and speak with him, being the huge Type O Negative fans that myself and the rest of Woods of Ypres are. I also got to see their live show at the Anaheim, CA House of Blues which was amazing! I sang along to their whole set, except for the new stuff they played, which was really heavy! I'm so looking forward to their new album!

Here's the last 2 years...

johnkelly2resize.JPG

johnkelly1resize.JPG

Ah, how we've grown! :kickass:

Yeah, I shaved as soon as I got home from the Moonsorrow show at like 2:00 a.m., and I flew out to California at 6:00 a.m. that morning (beard shaving documentation thread w/photos coming soon...maybe). :cool:

+ NAMM is "National Association of Music Merchants", every year in Anaheim, California.

How did you manage to get tickets to the show Dave? I remember you telling me that they were sold out. Did Johnny Boy pull a few strings?

Yeah looking forward to the new album as well. I wish they could get across the border to tour up here. Haven't seen them live in ages.