John Taylor outshines Harris. Honestly!

SoundMaster

Jan 20, 2002
"the flower & willow world"
Visit site
For some odd reason, the mighty Duran2 has been discussed here on the Maiden BB lately.

In some ways, it makes perfect sense:
- Harris is often cited as being the "best bassist" in metal (usually by fan-boys)
- Taylor is the best bassist in MUSIC!

And - good news folks - the REUNION album is due shortly! Hopefully, there will be some new modern gems, such as 90s classics "Midnight Sun" or "Breath After Breath"!

:p

SoundMaster said:
For some odd reason, the mighty Duran2 has been discussed here on the Maiden BB lately.

In some ways, it makes perfect sense:
- Harris is often cited as being the "best bassist" in metal (usually by fan-boys)
- Taylor is the best bassist in MUSIC!

And - good news folks - the REUNION album is due shortly! Hopefully, there will be some new modern gems, such as 90s classics "Midnight Sun" or "Breath After Breath"!

:p
It is no mystery that they are being discussed. I'm their biggest fan in these parts. You might remember we had discussions on Medazzaland and Midnight Sun on the old bb. :)

Taylor certainly does have the respect of musicians everywhere.

The new album is to be out in Feb isn't it? I hope its good too, its about time they conquered again. :headbang:

Are we really discussing Duran Duran? Duran Duran were the prototype for the more overtly openly gay band Wham and nothing more.

I had my say and now I'll admit to being a huge Cure fan. Atleast the bashing won't be so onesided this way.

Quote: Duran Duran were the prototype for the more overtly openly gay band Wham and nothing more.

I forgive you for ignorance. And metal fans think everyone else is close minded.