Johnny Ramone passed away

Greeno

Oct 14, 2003
WV USA
JOHNNY RAMONE Dies At 55 - Sep. 16, 2004

Johnny Ramone, guitarist and co-founder of the seminal punk band THE RAMONES, has died at the age of 55.

Ramone, who had been fighting a five-year battle with prostate cancer, died in his sleep Wednesday afternoon (Sept. 15) at his Los Angeles home surrounded by friends and family, said the band's longtime artistic director Arturo Vega.

"He was the guy with a strategy. He was the guy who not only looked after the band's interest but he also was their defender," Vega told The Associated Press.

Ramone, whose birth name is John Cummings, had been hospitalized in June at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.

I was shocked when I read the news this morning.
Johnny was cool!! I have seen the Ramones 3 times and they ruled every time. 1234!!

:cry: That's so sad. They're one of my favourite bands... it's something I listen to when I need to cheer up... but atleast he left peacefully.

Rest in peace, Johnny.

Man, that totally blows. Ramones were AWESOME! I was bummed when Joey died... Dee Dee's death from stupidity... I mean an OD was a downer... and now Johnny too. I wonder if Tommy is feeling extra mortal right now?

Why can't shitty pop "stars" die off like that?

Cheers!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Clammy said:
Man, that totally blows. Ramones were AWESOME! I was bummed when Joey died... Dee Dee's death from stupidity... I mean an OD was a downer... and now Johnny too. I wonder if Tommy is feeling extra mortal right now?

Why can't shitty pop "stars" die off like that?

Cheers!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Only the good one's die it seems.. Ramones are one of my favorite punk bands of all time... I never seen a band member's die so fast within just a few time between each other... I regret not having seen them live back in the day... If anyone should die it should be a freak like Michael Jackson among other pop stars like you said.. :yell:

Dammit not Johnny man! This blows ass! I can't believe it, Ramones are the reason I love punk so much, they were the first punk band I ever listened to.
I just remembered that I wanted that record Joey put out before he died, now I want it even more.
R.I.P to those guys that brought so much good jams, and and hope the other guys are good health.
Later-RJAIII-

madcheese9377 said:
and and hope the other guys are good health.

I've not heard much about the others members (3 drummers and a bass player) besides Marky who has some Ramones type band together these days. I wonder what CJ is doing now? I really liked him, he came along just in time to kick them in the ass with a shot of youth.... kinda got them going again.

Marky is still kicking he was here several months ago with his band. I was still in US, but my friend Darren was with him since the radio station in which he works was the sponsor. He told me Marky was great comitted to promote the concert and everything, besides being funny and a nice guy.

When i heard the news, i was shocked. I love the Ramones, and it's sad to see just one original member left. 3 of them all died in a span of 3-4 years! That sucks.

RIP Joey, Johnny, and Dee Dee. You'll stay with us through the great music.

sixxswine said:
How many of the original Ramones are still living?
Isn't there just one guy?
I like some of their stuff, but 'm not gonna tell you all they were
anything spectacular.

Tommy Ramone.. i forget what he said he is doing lately...