join the 432hz revolution please mike?

nat0

Sep 6, 2008
Well recently I just learned the benefits of tuning to 432hz instead of the modern concert pitch which is 440hz. I'm not sure if its a really well known phenonema among opeth fans so I thought I would post, and maybe mike will stumble upon this and consider tuning to 432hz.

Why bother? Well... where to begin... but just read this page its pretty good:

http://www.omega432.com/music.html

If you cbf then I've quoted it:

"The best way to experience the 432hz difference is by listening."

"432hz vibrates on the principals of the golden mean PHI and unifies the properties of light, time, space, matter, gravity and magnetism with biology, the DNA code and consciousness."

"Most music worldwide has been tuned to 440 hertz since the International Standards Organization (ISO) endorsed it in 1953, following the prior recommendations of the Nazi party spoksman, Joseph Goebbels in 1939."

"Despite the petitions of over twenty thousand musicians in france, The ISO codified concert pitch globally by 1955 to 440hz. "

Basically, 432hz is more in tune with nature. Its only like tuning down your guitar about half a fret, but that difference seems to make so much more...

You could also check this guy out: http://www.myspace.com/bobbylavignesproject432

Seen this a few times before, and it's all quite ridiculous if you ask me.

:edit:

Those "Silent Night" clips on their site are an absolute laugh as well, the first one you listen to will be the one that sounds correct, as that establishes the bases for judgment. Showing you a second clip with a different tuning will sound wrong regardless of what it is.

..."unifies light, time, space, matter, gravity and magnetism with biology, the DNA code and consciousness" lmao, almost spat out my drink

wait a minute, before I give you a serious response, you're actually convinced that sound with a frequency of 432 Hz somehow "unifies" (whatever that means in that context) light, time, space, matter, gravity, magnetism, a subject of study, biology, the DNA in our bodies, and our immaterial consciousness? besides the obvious that light waves, matter and magnetic waves already have a frequency associated with them :lol:

yes, I've heard of the schumann frequency. it's nothing more than a geophysical phenomenon, it is the fundamental frequency of a spherical shell such as the earth.

"Basically, 432hz is more in tune with nature" with science like that, why would you ever need to consult your own logic and common sense? :lol:

..."unifies light, time, space, matter, gravity and magnetism with biology, the DNA code and consciousness" lmao, almost spat out my drink

hippy203.jpg

There are many things that sound like mumbo jumbo at first... would you believe it if you read this could happen?

Last edited by a moderator:
this is a steaming pile of pseudo-scientific bullshit. Most of the arguments are extremely vague and some of them even downright ridiculous.
A quick look on the site also reveals that they do not know what they're talking about:

"Sound is a lower spectrum of light and the frequencies of 72, 144, 216
and 432 hertz are perfect harmonics of light"

Sound is not "a lower spectrum of light". light is elegtromagnetic radiation in the form of photons, possessing both the qualities of wave and particle, whereas sound is merely the moving of air, a wave pattern traveling through a medium, in this case air.