Journey-Generations

I must say this one is slowly growing on me... although I am guilty of still being in love with Perry's vox and wishing it was him on the records and him at the Journey gig we saw this past weekend.

The music is very good... very wholesome and classic, there are plenty of hooks but sometimes they loose their strength in the middle of the song (that's the best way to describe it) also... Augeri does not sing in all the tracks... that bugs me a bit as it throws me off track...not saying that the other vox does not sound good... just a matter of being used to hearing one vox on a Journey album... Perry's voice :cry: ... just j/k Augeri does an excellent job... tis just not the same

You know I've been so curious about Schon's side project... yet I always forget the name/forget to pick it up. I love him... I think he is an incredible guitarrist :headbang:

Speaking of sideprojects... what is your take on Perry's solo stuff... I really enjoy it and own it all, including the greatest hits + 5 unreleased

Pabla said:
You know I've been so curious about Schon's side project... yet I always forget the name/forget to pick it up. I love him... I think he is an incredible guitarrist :headbang:

Speaking of sideprojects... what is your take on Perry's solo stuff... I really enjoy it and own it all, including the greatest hits + 5 unreleased

I like some of it. I know the bass player that toured with him, he's from Portland, Todd Jensen, played with Schon in Hardline and then Alice Cooper too... If you've never heard Double Eclipse by Hardline you're missing out on one of the best AOR records of the last 20 years....
I saw Hardline in Medford, Oregon in the 90's, they killed... Deen was also in that band, before he spilt for Ozzy's band and then did the GZR record....