Journey plot their return!

Symphony

PQ member
Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk

Journey are currently in the studio with producer Kevin Shirley (Aerosmith/Led Zeppelin/Iron Maiden) in the early stages of creating a follow-up to Revelation, the band’s 2008 album which introduced their latest lead singer, Arnel Pineda.
Words: Dave Ling
The group face this task with the wind in their metaphorical sails after two rival versions of their power ballad Don’t Stop Believin’ – the original from 1981’s album Escape and a re-make that featured in the children’s TV show Glee – battled it out in the UK’s Top 10 singles chart earlier this year.
“[The song’s success is] brilliant for us and bands like us,” maintains Schon.
“If people think Don’t Stop Believin’ is a Glee song and not one of ours, I don’t mind. Those are brand new fans – I’m happy they like the song, period.
“We did really well the last time we toured in the UK [in June 2008], also playing at [last year’s] Download, so we’ve taken the rest of the year off to prepare this new CD. Things are on the up-and-up for us over there. It’s great to know that doors are finally opening.
“We’re going to be here [in the studio] for a little bit over a month,” he continues. “Overdubs and vocals are going really well. Kevin has to run off to another project, so we will come back and sing some more in November. The material is extremely strong.”
Expect the as-yet untitled record to be released next spring.
Given that Don’t Stop Believin’ has been officially recognised as the most downloaded song of all time (“Bigger than [anything by] Led Zeppelin or The Beatles, that’s mind-boggling,” marvels Schon), Journey are already planning to play in the UK in 2011.
“The promoters are keen to have us back as [bona fide] headliners, and we’re excited to be coming as part of our next world tour,” sums up Neal.

Sweet Journey is too good. I wish I had a real music store here. Walmart doesn't even have DragonForce's Valley of the Damned Remixed and Remastered it's good by the way. I might buy this if I get a job then again gaming sucks my money away too.

ARNEL CONTRIBUTES TO NEXT "ROCKING" JOURNEY ALBUM:
Journey vocalist Arnel Pineda has once again stepped in to deny rumors he had left the band. Speaking on Pilipino TV last week the singer confirmed his involvement in the band and their new record, which has been largely completed under the guidance on producer Kevin Shirley in San Francisco. Shirley worked with the band on their hit Revelation album as well as the Perry comeback record Trial By Fire from 1997. It is rumored former vocalist Steve Perry recently handed Kevin Shirley solo material to mix and master.
Pineda commented that he contributed songwriting on two songs for the as yet untitled new Journey album, due for release in 2011, after finishing touches and mixing take place in November. The songs To Whom It May Concern and She's A Mystery join 9 other confirmed tracks in play. Producer Shirley earlier commented about the recording process on his Blog: "Work on Journey continues....seven slamming tracks thus far, and nary a ballad in sight, and a few more due today. Neal is hell bent on rockin' out and he's quite a force to reckon with when he sets his mind on something!" and "The new songs are very, very creative and rocking, and I like the creativity within Journey, but (like every other band) there are internal rubs (after 30 years in the business) which makes the days not necessarily as much fun as hard work. There is a theme to the entire album, which is very sexy and very rocking..."