Journey Through Pressure and Consternation.

VampiricYouth

Jul 15, 2005
Got TGCD today. Unbelievable, totally different but still Katatonia.

The two title tracks are perhaps the best K have ever done. Jonas, I love your vocals but I can't really say much more than that, Blakkheim on the other hand, being a guitarist I can safely say you are the most influential guitarist I have ever heard. The soundscapes you and Fred paint are unbelievable. I hear so much of a post rock influence, especially with Daniel's drumming and Matt's bass. (The drumming is really incredible)

Journey through pressure is perhaps the best song I've ever heard...Ever. The production is so incredible, the bone crunching crash after the "The sky moves faster, at this time of year" interlude is mindblowing. :OMG:

ive downloaded JULy, the itch, and in the white so far. i love them all. July takes the cake though. if every other song on the album is half as good then the album will burn itself into history. im going to d/l one more off iTunes tonight. which one...i don't know yet. but it will be awesome regardless. then ill wait until my swedish edition shows up. my whole spring break has been about this album. cool on one hand. on the other...i need a girlfriend.

On a side note, the guitars in many of the songs, Consternation in particular, remind me of all of the Back to Times of Splendor album by Disillusion. Anybody agree?