EXOCED

Jul 17, 2014
Reunion Island
Hi buddys,

I discovered this little bastard with ola englund vids,and I found it sound amazing!!

I'll try to make another video with a better sound,but with my Fat bottom,the sound it's really good!

I hope you'll apreciate this little video ;)

Well for recording, who needs more than that with a good power amp (if that is even needed), and as everyone uses kempers on big stages now...
Yup that is just like, cool.

Thank's for comments buddys ;).

No problem for profile it,i try to do this this week :).

Korwent : kemper is the "ultimate" tone weapon for sure, but with this amp I can go work with it,in my backpack ,and that's I 'm looking for a loooong time ago :)

Hello guys,

Another video in playthrough mode,really cool little amp !

Just for fun!

it's great man thanks for the effort and sharing,
how is the reliability of the switch , i mean if i keep switching between od and clean will it harm the switch? ( wish if they could make a footswitch for it it will be perfect )

Last edited:
Hey there,
new kemper user on board. I received my kemper last week. Looking for good metal tones even commercial. For now I'm testing all free rigs from Rig Exchange and from the net.

EXOCED thanks for the great profiles, Zombie V30 - brilliant sound with TS in front of the kemper.

Have you tried headphones sound from ZOMBIE directly to DAW?

Cheers

Hello Buddy's,

Sorry for my late reply,a lot of job in last times!

ATCOBravo: I use the switch a lot of time,and no problem for,you was absolutly right,a footswitch would be welcome...

Terry58: I don't like the direct sound of the zombie,with the headphone... but with every cab I test ,the tone was pretty good

A cool comparison with the 6505 piranha...for me,no hesitation,the zombie is really cool amp for the price :)

Reactions: ATCOBravo
Great song and great sound! Reminds me a little of Darkane. And there's some Testament in it, too. Really like it!

Both amps sound good in the video although the Zombie seems to be a little more "in your face" than the Piranha. Both amps could perhaps be a cool alternative to using plug-ins. Put a Tubescreamer or SD-1 in front, load an impulse into the DAW - done.

What really attracts me is the simplistic design. Only one tone knob to hassle with.

Question: Can the Piranha be conncted directly to the audio interface's input or are any additional accessories needed (e.g. attenuator/loadbox)?

Last edited:
Thank'a a lot for your support :) I really happy about your comment :)

Usually, I use the Zombie with my torpedo cab,with that, I've a very cool lot of tone,and above all, very light.

I've put a maxon in the front of the amp,and the better result,is with the Z,for rythm,for the solo's, the 6505 is better,at least,for me :)

Thank'a a lot for your support :) I really happy about your comment :)

Usually, I use the Zombie with my torpedo cab,with that, I've a very cool lot of tone,and above all, very light.

I've put a maxon in the front of the amp,and the better result,is with the Z,for rythm,for the solo's, the 6505 is better,at least,for me :)

Hey EXOCED,,
thanks for cool demo. I prefer zombie too. I'm waiting for the new release of Torpedo captor to using with Zombie :).

Can you make a short demo using two notes torpedo?

Cheers

Thank's a lot buddy ;), I'm happy if my work is appreciate, I'm working on a stuff in 'my "Thrash tone",with friedman Be od,and after, I'll do a comparison of my amps (Zombie,evh,engl savage and maybe piranha) with the torpedo cab, I hope you'll like it :).

Last edited:
Just got my hands on the Zombie and holy cow! Man, I was really worried about this not having enough low end with the all to popular 1 tone knob every mini amp designer puts on these type of amps- but wow! This thing is really a beast. Dude, I needed something for home so I would not need to run my 6505+ just to practice in my home studio and this thing nails it. I usually practice playing with my decent sized PA with backing tracks at about 1.5 to 2 on the 6505+ and I could not even get the volume on the zombie past around 10 o'clock before it was too loud. Yeah this one is a keeper!

Just got my hands on the Zombie and holy cow! Man, I was really worried about this not having enough low end with the all to popular 1 tone knob every mini amp designer puts on these type of amps- but wow! This thing is really a beast. Dude, I needed something for home so I would not need to run my 6505+ just to practice in my home studio and this thing nails it. I usually practice playing with my decent sized PA with backing tracks at about 1.5 to 2 on the 6505+ and I could not even get the volume on the zombie past around 10 o'clock before it was too loud. Yeah this one is a keeper!

Have you noticed a fair amount of noise on the dirty channel? I anticipate some, but it's just holding the guitar, gate on, it's got some buzz going on. Anyone else?

No I actually have not. I play right in front of my 4x12 cab with Fishman Devin Townsend pickups (active pickups) and have not had any noise issues. I plug my zombie into a common surge protector type outlet that is normal for about every household. I have my pa system and my amp plugged into this -even my pedal board power supply too! I bet any noise issue you may have could be related to the source of your electricity. I am in a somewhat newer house. I know in my old house which was built in the 1920's I had major noise issues. I guess that is the price I pay for having a mortgage. Huge payment - no noise. Life is all give and take:) If you are having noise issues try to make sure you are plugged into a 3 prong outlet(if in the United States). Next, try out different wall outlets to see if that changes anything. Finally try different rooms. If no luck trying any of those options I would look into a ground loop isolator possibly. Or having your house re-wired. Yeah right who can afford that. I know there are some other options out there but am just not too up on the current solutions available.

Have you noticed a fair amount of noise on the dirty channel? I anticipate some, but it's just holding the guitar, gate on, it's got some buzz going on. Anyone else?