Judas Priest announces new singer

Daybreaker

Red, Hot, and Heavy
Jul 6, 2002
San Antonio, TX
Visit site
In a shocking change of events, Judas Priest vocalist Rob Halford has announced that he is quitting the band for good. Rob stated that the reason why he is quitting is due to "personal differences with the band." "We felt things just weren't geling between us, man," he said, "Our new album, Angel of Retribution was getting rave reviews and all, but Judas Priest felt my aging voice and slight homosexual tendencies just weren't boding over well between us." The remaining bandmembers had little to say about Rob's departure.

Fortunately, not all is lost for Priest fans as the band has, surprisingly, already found a more than capable replacement for Rob in 14 year old wonder Tipton Donaldson, formerly of the Everett, Washington based "Partridge Family Of Metal" Eternal Combustion (http://www.eternalcombustion.com). "The way he hits those high notes is simply amazing! And when you factor in the sheer anger and aggression in his voice, you have what's definitely a much better vocalist than Rob Halford ever was," stated drummer Scott Travis. Eternal Combustion drummer Ron (Tipton's father) was with Tipton during a recent interview and had this to say about him, "Mah boy ain't deservin' of bein' with them metal gods Judas Priest! Nosirree, he's deservin' of a good lashin'!" He abruptly turned to Tipton and shouted, "Ain't that raght, boy?!?" Tipton nervously replied with, "y-y-yes sir..." but had little else to say about his new stint with Judas Priest. We'll have more on this story as it develops...

i think this is the worst thing I've ever heard.....did they record the guitar with a Smokey amp? and who's that cat that keeps screeching like it's getting raped?