Judas Priest

johnnieCzech

Your favourite Czech
Feb 5, 2002
Prague
I know this one is off the topic, but I have to share it with you. Two days ago I saw Priest in Prague and I was completely flabbergasted. Ripper blew me away. I couldn´t believe human being can sing like that. I bet good ole Rob is envious! I talked to KK and he was very cool. It was absolutely amazing, but I just got to mention one thing... what a pity Anthrax wasn´t on the bill!

Agreed Jonnie, Ripper is the man! You have just been witness to why Priest about dropped their draws when they auditioned Mr. Ripper back a couple of years ago. I remember seeing a small piece on the news about it, and KK and their bass player couldn't stop talking about him. Ripper may actually be better than Rob! The guy is that good!

Sign me up for the Ripper fan club as well....much like I was blown away by Anthrax's performance, I was blown away by Ripper's voice at the Detroit show. Saying he was perfect doesn't even seem to capture just how great he was, but he really was perfect. No catches in his voice, no cracks, no cutting off a high note really short because he couldn't hold it long enough... He was simply amazing. Definitely the best live vocal performance I've ever heard!

Kyra you have been signed! :))
Actually now I think he´s the best (rock) vocalist on this planet. Unlike Iron Maiden (I mean, with Blaze), the Priest took their best shot to change a frontman! (Just like Anthrax)

Originally posted by johnnieCzech
Kyra you have been signed! :))
Actually now I think he´s the best (rock) vocalist on this planet. Unlike Iron Maiden (I mean, with Blaze), the Priest took their best shot to change a frontman! (Just like Anthrax)

Priest did very well for themselves by getting Ripper. Ripper is probably the best live vocalist on the planet...but overall, Bruce Dickinson is still gotta be my favorite. Poor Blaze...i actually think he has a good voice, but just not right for Iron Maiden.

2 Kyra: maybe in his own project he´s better. But X-Fucktor my ass...

Aw....cut the guy a little slack! I actually have not heard any of the stuff from his own project. Not that interested, but maybe I'll give it a try one of these days. But when listening to the maiden albums w/Blaze...if you just focus on his voice and only that...it really isn't a *bad* voice. A lot of singers probably wouldn't mind having a voice like that. It's just that it was all wrong for the band. I wish Blaze luck, but am certainly glad Bruce is back...

Did you catch the Maiden webcast last week by the way?

nope, what happened?
I felt really terrible when I first heard X Factor. I thought, what the fuck, is it Iron Maiden? Then I saw them on tour and the gig was very cool.

I was in Boynton Beach seeing this concert and Ripper Owens is awesome singing live, I have the '98 Live Meltdown, and is one of my favorite cds and my favorite Judas cd, I like also the Axel Rudi Pell band and the singer "Johnny Gioeli" is awesome live, I heard a version in the compilation album "Burn/Purple Haze/Call Her Princess" but Ripper Owens is better, but if you guys didn't hear Johnny Gioeli singing in studio or live listen, it have studio sample songs in his website Axel Rudi Pell official homepage!! He rocks!!
I have a website, and I put a live review from the Boynton Beach concert: Metal Maniac website

nope, what happened?
I felt really terrible when I first heard X Factor. I thought, what the fuck, is it Iron Maiden? Then I saw them on tour and the gig was very cool.

What happened? They broadcast one of their Brixton shows live! It was pretty great.

So you saw them live w/Blaze and thought he did an ok job?

Originally posted by Kyra

What happened? They broadcast one of their Brixton shows live! It was pretty great.

So you saw them live w/Blaze and thought he did an ok job?

Didn´t know that, thanx. Yes, I saw them twice w/Blaze and once w/ Bruce. Of course Bruce is Bruce but I liked Blaze live much mooooore than on the (IMO-shitty, but don´t be offended) record.