JUDAS PRIEST's ROB HALFORD To Undergo Surgery For Umbilical Hernia

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
JUDAS PRIEST singer Rob Halford has revealed to ABC News Radio that he has an umbilical hernia — a condition where the belly button pops outwards due to a weakness in the muscles in or around the belly button — that he intends to have repaired because "it looks like the alien just burst forth!"Halford said: "My doctors always said, 'We can take care of it,' and I said, 'I'll get around to it.' [The doctor said,] 'If it's not giving you any discomfort then you should leave it as it is,' but it's not very appealing to look at, is it?"Halford remains in good spirits about his condition, telling ABS News Radio: "That's life. The wonderful thing about heavy metal music is that it's immortal. The music is immortal, but the creators are not bestowed with that attribute."The 62-year-old musician was last year seen hobbling around with the aid of a walking stick. He told RollingStone.com at the time: "I've got a bit of a back issue, which is fixable. Thank the lord it's not happening while we're touring, because we'd be in a terrible state."But apart from that, everything is working fine. My voice... is wailing. It's strong, it's powerful... I'm 99.999 per cent working."Recalling a meeting with his longtime friends Lemmy and Rob Trujillo at the 2013 edition of the Revolver Golden Gods awards in Los Angeles, Halford said: "I'm in the dressing room... and Lemmy's sitting across from me. Lemmy, God bless him, is going through heart difficulties. I'm comparing my ailments with Lemmy, and Rob, the bass player from METALLICA, is doing these stretches... I don't know, these guys, a guitar is 15 pounds, and when you've got that slung around your neck for two and a half hours a day — I think it's just degenerative. It's accumulative injuries."There's no difference from some aspects of sports. You think of a golf player just hitting a ball — 'Well, that can't be too strenuous.' But it is. It's incredibly strenuous when you do that for 40 years. You're going to have a few nicks and bruises."JUDAS PRIEST's new album, "Redeemer Of Souls", will be released in North America on July 15 via Epic Records.(Thanks: NJthrasher)

More...