just back from Philly show

Will Bozarth

Everlasting Godstopper
Jan 26, 2002
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
i secured my spot directly behind the soundboard. Tapping the Vein blew... i screamed "TAKE IT OFF!" to the singer.... she said "hahah, very funny...." everyone yelled "SLAAAYYERRRR!!" and she said "ooo slayer.... very original..." was fun... they really sucked! :lol: Paradise Lost was on after them, and i expected more. fairly boring, yet it was better than Tapping the Vein to a degree. Opeth hit the stage after them, and to save a bit of time, just check the other reviews. setlists are the same. mentioned that it was their first show in Philadelphia. i was disappointed not to hear more from Deliverance (especially Master's Apprentice...) but im not complaining. i had a blast! ill be back at the Troc on the 9th for Dark Tranquillity/Strapping Young Lad. i know, this review is vague, but im tired...

hey man! I was there too, that was such a great show, The "SLLLLAYERR" kids were great....and Opeth walked in the front door during Paradise Lost's set....that was so great....Demon Of the Fall was insane.....and did anyone else notice the guy who smelled bad and had tattos on his face??? He was fucking annoying! :-D see ya

Originally posted by Dem0n0fTheFall4
and Opeth walked in the front door during Paradise Lost's set....that was so great

Like I said in the other Philly thread, the biggest rockstar act I've ever witnessed in my life.

Mikael is funny as hell on stage in between songs. It's like a weird cross of Tom Araya and Mr. Spock. "Do you guys like...Death metal? We're going to play a death metal song. We want you all to act like a Death metal audience.

Some of you guys probably saw my hair during their set. I was front and center, right up against the railing, right in front of Mikael. And also one of the only dumbasses to get to the Troc at 4pm.

One more thing. I heard from an extremely reliable source that they'll be touring again around May

Holy shit dude. After totally freezing my ass off outside (the guys I was with and I decided it would be too hot inside with coats so we just went hardcore and didn't bother with jackets, IT WAS FUCKING COLD), we get inside and had to sit through Tapping the Vein's completely boring set. They sucked bad. Paradise Lost was a lot better but I was unable to completely enjoy the music because of the fucking bass that the soundboard jackass somehow completely failed to realize was turned up too high. Did anyone else notice this? Everytime the bassist hit a string the speakers started feeding back and vibrating like hell. I realize that the bass is going to be pretty loud at a concert but it was up way too high. I was waiting for the amps to just vibrate off the stage and kill some people. Then Opeth came out and thank God someone seemed to realize this and turned down the bass. It was awesome when after everyone was yelling "SLAYER!" one guy yells, "FUCK SLAYER! OPETH!" The show was incredible and of course they did an encore Demon of the Fall.

Fucking awesome. I can now die happy.

Yeah, it was COLD. Especially after the show when Micke & Co. took their time to haul their assess out of the club :lol:

We finally got a piece of them though. Mike mentioned the Damnation tour returning soon, Peter mentioned May as a possible month... Martin M. is learning Polish well... "stol z powylamywanymi nogami", Martin!

Next time I'll know to just start the conversation in Polish from the beginning. And mister Martin L. managed to escape our after-show trap :lol: Too bad, we've got pictures with all of them, except the bass-monger. Next time we'll get you Mr. L. :D

Sfarog(nyc)

p.s. I'll post the pics maybe once I scan them... and If i decide theyre worth posting.

Originally posted by Sfarog
Yeah, it was COLD. Especially after the show when Micke & Co. took their time to haul their assess out of the club :lol:

We finally got a piece of them though. Mike mentioned the Damnation tour returning soon, Peter mentioned May as a possible month... Martin M. is learning Polish well... "stol z powylamywanymi nogami", Martin!

Next time I'll know to just start the conversation in Polish from the beginning. And mister Martin L. managed to escape our after-show trap :lol: Too bad, we've got pictures with all of them, except the bass-monger. Next time we'll get you Mr. L. :D

Sfarog(nyc)

p.s. I'll post the pics maybe once I scan them... and If i decide theyre worth posting.

So what time did members of Opeth finally come out of the trocadero? I split 11:40pm. It was just too damn cold and if they are coming back in May i won't have to risk frost bite(Damn Cold Weather). I'm sure they didn't hang around too long in that bitter cold. The show last night was so damn good! One of my favorites of the three shows i seen this week. The Crowd was just Awesome! A real magical night!

I was at the show last night as well... lots of fun and Opeth sounded great. Although I can't really add much to what has already been said. Great crowd reaction...

Can't wait for Dark Tranquillity & SYL.

The cold outside was a bitch and the opening bands were a bit disappointing... but Opeth freakin' rocked. Can't wait for them to return supporting the next CD!

"Hey!" to dead6skin6mask6 ... how'd you make out? I was the guy behind the board helping you hold on to your spot! Man that show just kicked ass...

Only thing missed at the show was Lacuna Coil... oh well... maybe on the next go 'round!

Last night's show was pretty freakin' great...especially as my first tr00 metal show. Although, like I thought, I stuck out like a sore thumb (if anyone saw a chick up front near the right-side speakers who had short brown hair and wearing a light blue hoodie, especially with a bag covered in buttons, that was me).

Tapping the Vein was fucking horrible. Kept looking at the time to see how much longer their set could possibly be. And the bass every so often...yeeesh. Someone should just put that band outta its misery already...

and plfffffft, I think I may have seen ya. Then again, mostly every guy there had long hair, so..um..yeah...haha.

I couldn't believe how wonderful the crowd was. It just added to how great the night was. It was Opeth's first show in Philly and it was amazing. Nothing wrong with light blue hoodies. Didn't Tapping the Vein suck?! I thought Paradise Lost had a major attitude and wouldn't play old stuff. Fuck those posers! Shouldn't they be touring with Depeche Mode or Duran Duran?! What those two crappy opening bands do is make you realize how much better Opeth is then the other bands. Lets hope Opeth comes back in a few months and they have better opening bands. Also lets wish for spring already! This cold weather blows!

plfffffft : I don't have the show! I wish I did! Was wondering if anybody there was recording it... never realizing that the guy next to me was getting it!

Originally posted by Grindbastard
So what time did members of Opeth finally come out of the trocadero? I split 11:40pm. It was just too damn cold and if they are coming back in May i won't have to risk frost bite(Damn Cold Weather). I'm sure they didn't hang around too long in that bitter cold. The show last night was so damn good! One of my favorites of the three shows i seen this week. The Crowd was just Awesome! A real magical night!

it was like 12:10 or 12:15...

skua! i was the fat kid in the Testament hoodie standing next to d6s6m6, thnx for holding mah spot....im definitely gettin that show when its done too....and ill get it b4 u cuz im closer...mwahahah *points and laughs* and i pretty much agree wit everyone else about tapping the vein, HORRIBLE!

adios for now

Amazing show. I was front and center as well, first in line if anybody saw me and a girl wearing an opeth hoodie. I never saw the troc that cold before, and outside was much more frigid then ever before. Martin L. asked me "do you guys have summer around here?" They came out like 12:10 and talked to us for a few minutes before running onto the bus to get out of the -10 C tempature (that's what it actually was).

Awesome show, even though the opening acts were pretty boring.