just finised this EP (for fans of devil wears prada, asking alexandria etc)

Injectionboy

Jan 18, 2008
hey guys =] just finished this EP for a local band here, I really like it, really wanna hear what do you guys think, I really think it's rockin' :headbang:

dropbox

drums need to come up and vocals down, and the screamed vocals sound a bit unprocessed and on top of everything, so don't be afraid of a little more compression on those!

the thing is, their drummer doesnt play all that well live, so i thought having a cd with abit lower drum volume would fit in..and those vox are tuned just pretty loose.. I hate autotune

props for making it sound like a sturgis album... though each band should have it's own unique sound in my opinion... good job regardless!

props for making it sound like a sturgis album... though each band should have it's own unique sound in my opinion... good job regardless!

any info on the guitar settings?
I honestly hate this guitar tone, but tons of bands ask for a AA tone.
this guitar wise is pretty damn close.

any info on the guitar settings?
I honestly hate this guitar tone, but tons of bands ask for a AA tone.
this guitar wise is pretty damn close.

Guessing it'll be similar to something like this: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...y-sturgis-pod-patch-preset-settings-here.html

The mix isn't bad, but like everyone said - raising the drums and compressing the fuck out of the screams would have been quick changes that would have really given this more of a 'professional' sound.

Also, did anyone LOL when 2:15 happened.... not trying to troll, but what the hell are those noises?

naw it sounds like AA's tone, its a lil different from other sturgis tones, at least to me, its low end is real thined out, and i just think it blends with this style a lot. but it still has power to it at the same time.

this is also just how i feel about it.

Guessing it'll be similar to something like this: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...y-sturgis-pod-patch-preset-settings-here.html

The mix isn't bad, but like everyone said - raising the drums and compressing the fuck out of the screams would have been quick changes that would have really given this more of a 'professional' sound.

Also, did anyone LOL when 2:15 happened.... not trying to troll, but what the hell are those noises?

like guitar string scrapes, they sound brutal.. loads of metalcore bands whack them in somewhere in breakdowns.

Overall man, pretty good work. I agree with whats said above and I also think the bass could do with being louder. Like the whole production you have done with everything. Nice glitches, fuck loads of bass drops (just like me haha), nice guitar tone.

Would also like to know what you were using for the drums... \m/

Pretty much this. I can't think of what else it would be. Also, about the 2:15 effect, I've heard similar effects done before, just not quite that slow.