Just got Souls Highway!

Yea i got it a few days ago, MUCH better than their prior releases IMO, and i love that Abba cover:D Would be nice if they could make it to America one day...

I went into a couple of stores that I came across and only one had "Souls Highway" (for 19 EUR!!!:eek: ). So I went to one of the stores that didn't have it and ordered it from the guy behind the counter. It's a shame that you always have to order everything. I wished they'd throw out some of the mainstream crap and put some decent music on the shelves instead.

Hello,
I finally listened to the album and it sounds really good to me. I especially loved the Beseech version of the ABBA song. Great job and I had a lot of fun.
To The Joy of Grief : I always use to order my CD because it's cheaper and I paid the last Beseech 13,50 euros. I don't go to the stores anymore because if I had done so I wouldn't have ever discover Beseech or many other interesting bands. You've only got to be curious and not only buy what they tell you in the magazines ;-)
Best regards
Nathalie

To the Joy of Grief,
No I don't want to go in the stores because I'm lazy and I don't like to wait and waste my time. It's much easier to order and cheaper. So I don't need your "condoleances" at all ?????
Prices are what they are and I don't care !

Hmm, OK. Actually, I was just joking and teasing you a little(in case you didn't notice).

Anyway, I just got the album:headbang: and noticed that some songs on it have been brushed up a little:). I had downloaded the whole album from Audiogalaxy before so I guess these are the songs that are on the promo CDs. I'm sorry to say, but I personally think the original version of "Endless Waters" was a little better. On the new version I miss the dominant leadguitar and the "twilight' sample during the keyboard fill-in. Why was it taken out? Copyright stuff? I'm asking because the "I would like..." sample at the beginning of "Illusionate" is still there.

Also, could somebody be so kind to tell me where the samples are from, please?! (just curious).

Hello,
I hoped you were joking but maybe I didn't understand it well :)
I really love this album and I'm looking forward to seeing them live in October after all the good critics I've read. I only hope that it won't be cancelled for any kind of reasons
Best regards

I walked into my local store today and there it was! I've been meaning to check the band out since this forum opened, but NZ aint the best place to live in for metal, so it's taken until now......

Only spun the entire thing twice so far, but initial impressions are that it's very cool. Standout track at the moment is "Fiction City", great vocal lines and the whole song just feels cool :) "Illusionate" is good also, it's why I bought it (from listening to it in the shop, it made a good first impression). And "Gimme Gimme Gimme" :lol:..... I saw that was the bonus track, I was thinking "yeah right, some bonus...." but it's really really good!! :lol:

Haven't had time to absorb everything yet, but in regards to the band, Lotta has a really nice voice. And Erik..... it's good to finally hear a vocalist with a similar range to myself, now I get to sing along to something without dropping the vocals down an octave :D Although I should probably apologise in advance for mutilating the songs :p

Anyway, I'll add to this once I've had a few more listens.......