Just got the EP...

Helspyre

Dec 6, 2005
USA
www.helspyre.com
Hey all,

I just received the EP after ordering it from Candlelight and I am really digging it. I don't know if you guys would like/dislike or agree/disagree with the comparison, but my first thought was how similar the band sounds to Arsis (especially "In Death We Burn"). Well regardless that was what grabbed my attention as I was highly disappointed with their latest album. I think Martriden does a fantastic job at just writing good songs and not overdoing the technical parts just for the sake of being impressive. The music on this EP is very technical but has a lot of dynamics and feeling. My favorite track I think is "The Art of Death Infernal". Among other things, I really like the low vocals in this track (or more precisely, the layering of lower and higher vocals). The production on the EP is awesome...everything is very clear and each instrument sits well in it's own space while still having a big sound. My only complaint, of course, is that it is too short. I look forward to the upcoming full length album.

Also, please pardon the new thread, but I am not a "reviewer" so I didn't want to post this in the reviews thread.