Just had to share this...

Tough As Steel

a.k.a. Aussie Dave
Feb 12, 2002
Canberra
Visit site
I was listening to BNW last night on the head phones, and my little 18 month old boy comes up and wants to put the head phones on and have a listen. Well by this time, im up to Fallen Angel, and anyways i whack the phones on him and he starts bopping up and down and pumping his little fists in the air! :lol:

Dude, I can totally relate. My kid is 4 years old and he is on such a Maiden kick right now that I'm literally getting tired of it, but in the end it's great. My dad started me off with The Beatles, and I'm starting my boy off with Maiden. It's awesome. Enjoy the years to come with your little boy.

Australia needs more parents like you guys, imagine how well adjusted id be if I grew up listening to Iron Maiden? :D

I started on Pink Floyd and look at the fine example I turned out to be :)

Buy him a maiden shirt now dave and he'll be the most rocking kid in pre school,getting all the ladies.

That's so damn cool .... :headbang:

I was listening to damn Classical since i was born lol .... Cause of my father's choice lol ...

but really , Heard Manowar once on the local radio station "back in syria" and i was hooked ... and i was 10 years old back then ...

But i guess sooner or later your kid will pick that guitar and start having ago at it ..... :eek:

Dave, a story like that almost makes me want to have kids. Of course the continued absence of someone to have them *with* is a bit of an obstacle :lol:.

What a proud dad you must be to have a son with such impeccable taste!

W

Thanks Wrathy! I am very proud indeed. :D But dont be in too much of a hurry to have kids if you like sleeping. :guh: :lol:

The funny thing is, that he quite often bops away too all different kinds of music, but he equally likes rock/metal ie - Maiden. So it just goes to show, that when you dont have any pre-conceived ideas, like "metal is bad/evil/just noise", you can like all sorts of music. Too bad most kids dont grow up without such biases.

My oldest son (TJ) is almost 5 and he won't listen to kids songs like the wiggles and shit because it isn't good music, and thats his own thoughts i have never told him its bad or in his words CRAP :lol:, man my kids are gonna grow up sooo metal it aint gonna be funny :D

I think there should be metal versions of kids shows, like the Wiggles except they sing old Maiden and Priest tunes, or like Humphrey, except instead of there being a guy in a bear suit it's a guy in a big Lemmy costume.

The Macarena suits "Supernaut" by Black Sabbath PERFECTLY. Give it a go some time.

(I think it's "Supernaut", anyway - is that the one that goes, "I want to reach up and touch the sky..."?)

"I wanna reach out and touch the sky
I wanna touch the sun but I don't need to fly.
I'm gonna climb up every mountain on the moon,
And find the dish that ran away with the spoon."

Best. Iommi. Riff. Ever :headbang:.

And the lyrics quote from a nursery rhyme. How 'bout that?
I can almost hear Kellie singing it to Chatterbox :).

Er, excuse me for just a moment...

W