Just met Duncan Patterson ex Anathema Bassist

Star Ark

Apr 6, 2010
Melbourne
For some strange reason Duncan Patterson from Anathema just played a gig in Thornbury, Melboure, Australia. There was about 40 people there. Got to hang out with him all night, he's an awesome bloke. No real point to this thread, I'm just baffled this gig happened at all and that no one came out for it

Jealous, I'm a huge fan of his bass playing and Song-writing, love everything he's been involved in. Was it just him? I thought he was touring with Mick Moss doing Antimatter, Anathema and Ion material, didn't realize he was going solo as well. What did he play, Ion stuff?

P.S. Check out my own "version" of his song Lost Control, it ended up quite different than the original but tried to maintain the same feeling http://adintra.bandcamp.com the second song

He was playing Anathema songs with an Australian band called The Eternal. I asked him about who produces/mixes his Antimatter albums and he said he did. He had never really mixed any music before he did the first Antimatter.

He's actually down here recording his next album which is going under the name of Alternative 4. He's a really nice guy, easy to talk to. The gig had a weird vibe, the few people that were there seemed too shy to go up and talk to him, so he stood there at the bar alone until he played, then once he got off stage everyone got photos and signatures. But no one just went up and talked to the guy.

I love your cover, the final 2 verses with the heavy vocals and the different arrangement is awesome.

Star Ark said:
He was playing Anathema songs with an Australian band called The Eternal. I asked him about who produces/mixes his Antimatter albums and he said he did. He had never really mixed any music before he did the first Antimatter.

He's actually down here recording his next album which is going under the name of Alternative 4. He's a really nice guy, easy to talk to. The gig had a weird vibe, the few people that were there seemed too shy to go up and talk to him, so he stood there at the bar alone until he played, then once he got off stage everyone got photos and signatures. But no one just went up and talked to the guy.

I love your cover, the final 2 verses with the heavy vocals and the different arrangement is awesome.

Awesome, you mean like he's doing a sequel to Alt 4 or something like that?

Thanks for your comment on my cover, coming from you it means a lot!