Just purchased Strobosoft. Why did I wait so long?

Wolfeman

I Prefer EL-34s. So What?
Feb 21, 2006
Cleveland
Wow. It's well worth the $100.

I kinda stayed clear of the plugin since I own a Stroborack. I figured, "Why would I need something I already have?"

Well lemme tell ya, having a Petersen tuner available all the time while my PC is on is great. And it has every bell and whistle you can think of, but it's so easy to manipulate everything.

Much better than having to go run to my rig every time I need to tune.

If you don't own a strobe tuner, and don't have the cash for a hardware unit, you should seriously check it out.

You can use it as a stand alone program, or run it as a plug in. The $50 version only works as a standalone program though.

[UEAK]Clowd;9524958 said:
lame. i'm intrigued but i'm pretty much over paying $100 for a software tuner.

It's more than just a standard tuner, though, so you do get what you pay for. It's especially useful if you do setups a lot, or have a lot of other instruments other than guitars.

I'm honestly tempted, I hate G-tune - it's always been ridiculously tweaky and often jumps between the note I'm playing and its upper octave (with multiple guitars, pickups, and even interfaces :mad: )

I'm honestly tempted, I hate G-tune - it's always been ridiculously tweaky and often jumps between the note I'm playing and its upper octave (with multiple guitars, pickups, and even interfaces :mad: )

Strobosoft has a few options to adjust to prevent this from happening.

So far it hasn't given me issues.

It's more than just a standard tuner, though, so you do get what you pay for. It's especially useful if you do setups a lot, or have a lot of other instruments other than guitars.

yeah I hear you. I definitely want it, that pricetag is just daunting for a tuner. I'll put it on my wishlist and get to it someday..