Just saw Trouble and.....

carnut

\m/
Apr 29, 2004
Helgium
...and vocalist Eric Wagner fucked up the concert completely by showing up very high/drunk on stage. The band was awesome, some of the better music I ever saw live; so heavy and clear sounding, but Wagner killed the concert by missing or simply not singing any lyrics. And if he was singing I rarely heard the unique voice he has, just mumbeling some loose text parts..There's NO excuse in my book for this kind of behaviour. It's simply ripping off fans !! Sad,sad,sad ....
Put a comment on Wagner's Myspace, wonder if it will stay there...
http://www.myspace.com/troubleeric

Opener Rise To Addiction was very good btw, I'm gonna search some more about them !!

I know the feeling! It is a total ripoff to the fans, sadly some performers/entertainers cannot figure out THAT is what we pay for, to be entertained and by that we mean a great show, not a stumbling drunk.

comment was removed after 30 minutes or so and the reason stated "Sounds like the jet lag is kicking in for Eric"

Well, if all jet lagged passengers would act this way this world would become pretty funny !!

Sounds like it's been a bit too long for Eric since he was over here, and he started partying on the plane over.:mad:
We'll see what the situation is tonight at the Melkweg club. I'm going with a couple of friends, we're all really looking forward to seeing Trouble again.

Opener Rise To Addiction was very good btw, I'm gonna search some more about them !!

Isn't this the band with the ex-Blaze guitarists? The guitarwork on those three Blaze albums is really good, outstanding even, I have to give this band a shot too.

Sucks to hear that about Trouble.:erk:

Sounds like it's been a bit too long for Eric since he was over here, and he started partying on the plane over.:mad:
We'll see what the situation is tonight at the Melkweg club. I'm going with a couple of friends, we're all really looking forward to seeing Trouble again.

I had a lot of mails exchanged with the person who runs the Eric Wagner myspace. They appoligized in his place and will phone him today (sounded like an angry wive or so :) They offer me to attend the gig in Amsterdam, but unfortunatly can't go, have to work the night shift today. So, maybe that little complaint on Eric's myspace will have a positive effect on the tonight gig ... It would be great for you and your friends, as music wise, the concert at the W2 DID deliver the goods...

I had a lot of mails exchanged with the person who runs the Eric Wagner myspace. They appoligized in his place and will phone him today (sounded like an angry wive or so :) They offer me to attend the gig in Amsterdam, but unfortunatly can't go, have to work the night shift today. So, maybe that little complaint on Eric's myspace will have a positive effect on the tonight gig ... It would be great for you and your friends, as music wise, the concert at the W2 DID deliver the goods...

Thanks, Carnut. I feel bad for you and for the other people attending the W2-gig last night getting a load of Wagner-irresponsibility. I bet he'll regret it soon enough.

Trouble has never disappointed on stage, the guitar duo Wartell/Franklin is among rock history's FINEST (try telling that to the so-called 'historians', though).
'Pity you have to work the night shift today, we could have met up at the club.

Sorry carnut! :erk:

Lets hope a lot of fans let him know they are not happy with his actions.

Jet lag? Or Lagger?

Sorry for the dissapoitment Gert, I haven't had that experience yet. Bands tend to forget that we are there for them, but if they're not going to be there for us we will cease to attend...and is their damage.

NP: Aerosmith - 'Flesh'

Well, the Melkweg gig was great! Eric sober, the rest of the band headed for gold, sound ok (but not more, as usual in this club). All in all a more than worthwhile evening.
Brilliant: 'Going home', 'All is forgiven', 'Pray for the dead', 'Assassin' and a lot of others.

Merchandise prices were pretty ridiculous, as with most of the tours lately. So I skipped the shirt (22 or 25 euros) and had an extra beer. :)

Well, the Melkweg gig was great! Eric sober, the rest of the band headed for gold, sound ok (but not more, as usual in this club). All in all a more than worthwhile evening.
Brilliant: 'Going home', 'All is forgiven', 'Pray for the dead', 'Assassin' and a lot of others.

Merchandise prices were pretty ridiculous, as with most of the tours lately. So I skipped the shirt (22 or 25 euros) and had an extra beer. :)

Cool you had a great gig !!! Shirts indeed were a bit expensive and not that nice, pretty simple black/white stuff....
Why oh why wasn't Eric sober on Saturday :erk:
Well, guess I need to give them another chance on another tour ... Still a bit pissed though ...

Sorry to hear it was bad Carnut. I've been very lucky in that regard with seeing bands - I don't know if I've ever witnessed a letdown like that at a show (at least for a "professional" concert).

Glad to hear it went well for you, Oliver! Looks like a great set list just from the few tracks you wrote.

I saw Trouble in Detroit, and they were fucking incredible. And Eric was high as hell.

This is the sad state of consumerism in Metal nowadays, people go to a show expecting clean bathrooms and a crystal clear album quality performance. LAME.

I saw Trouble in Detroit, and they were fucking incredible. And Eric was high as hell.

This is the sad state of consumerism in Metal nowadays, people go to a show expecting clean bathrooms and a crystal clear album quality performance. LAME.

Most people actually expect a singer to remember his lyrics and actually sing in a concert. For people who attend gigs just to show off their denim vests, get high and start one-man moshpits it must be different though. Congratulations on the level of anti-consumerism you've reached, you're a true hero of metal.

If Eric is high as hell and CAN sing I wouldn't mind a bit. He makes his own choices and that's his business. If he completely ruins a concert by it that DOES become my business, as I pay to watch a decent show. I don't give a fuck for a mistake here and there, but if you need the public to sing a song for you , or just go and stand aside , you got a big problem. Does it makes me less "Metal" or "Lame" to expect a decent performance ?? don't think so...And as for clean toilets at shows ?? I LOVE THEM !!!

mmm, long time ago since I hit that "ignore" button ..there you go !!

mmm, long time ago since I hit that "ignore" button ..there you go !!

I pushed it long time ago :heh: . That stupid attitude is the same the idiots that ruined my Angra concert behaving like monkeys on a cage. I do expect a degree of quality in all the aspect of a gig because yes I'M PAYING FOR IT. I'm a capitalist and I expect a fair trade for my money, otherwise I move to Venezuela or Cuba and sing along their presidents some lame tune :Smug:

Nobody is in this for free nor the musicians, the labels or the fans, money is a necessary eveil in the whole process and therefore it should be respected.

P.S. And I like clean bathrooms too, after all is my ass on the line :lol:

Well, huge Trouble fan here, but I never had the chance to see them live. I'd be VERY pissed off as well if Wagner would fuck the show cause he's too stoned/drunk. What a lack of professionalism...The man is not 18 anymore, he should take care of himself and of the fans that still remember his band and enjoy the music. It saddens me even more when I just saw a band like Heaven & Hell a couple months ago, where the 65-year-old singer is always a true professional, always giving his best performance night after night...