just some thoughts...

May 27, 2001
Call me a madman or would-be intellectual, but could it be there is some kind of connection between "Passing Bird" and "Sweet Nurse"? I mean... the "Passing Bird" is dressed all in black while the "Nurse" naturally wears white clothes... then there are these disharmonies within the "blackbird" - the "nurse" features almost pop-like melody lines, which might underline the conflicting feelings towards the two "parties". The lyrics from "Passing..." reveal attraction and aversion to the dark, the "Sweet..." words bear unfulfilled wishes for sojourns in light.
But probably i´m only rambling and exaggerating my interpretations :loco:

Anyway, cheers :)

And my point:
I love "Sweet Nurse" - and (I think) "Passing Bird" is the worst song on LFDGD...
(but still it´s NOT bad song at all...!!!):)

-Mirva-

when i saw katatonia live at the underworld he said ''this song is about my time in the hospital'' that was for sweet nurse. not that, that has any relavence just thought id say it.

ive always thought both songs were simillar my fav lyric being from seet nurse ''i live 'cause i need more light'':) wow, love it, might write that on a t-shirt.

''pull the curtain aside for a while'' - light (that reveals light through the window)

''shes got black hair...'' - dark

loads of comp[arisons there, which makes the album appear in a beautiful and different light giving it another side.

"Passing Bird is the worst song on LFDGD..."

Your choice surprises me ´cause I always thought of it as a refreshing change on the album - but another thread was created for this kind of discussion :)

I also like the niceties in Kata´s (Jonas´) lyrics:

"who´s paid you for telling me what I´m worth?"
"they bless me with their fingers crossed"
"couldn´t return a second time"

and so on... :)

To Transparent:

"I live cause I need more light" is from Passing Bird, not from Sweet Nurse!!!

I read somewhere that Sweet Nurse is not about Jonas´ experiences in hospital, at least in Helsinki Tuska Metal Fest and in Turku (Finland), he said: "This song is about hospital..."