Just wondering about the "free" comp. cd

screamingndigital

New Metal Member
Aug 15, 2003
I was just wondering if the bands at the progpower event, and the fans, really care anything about checking out the unsigned bands on the compilation cd? And do you think any indestrry reps willl be there?

As for the bands, I have no clue. As for the fans, I am 100% certain that people do care about the discs. I have read plenty of posts here and elsewhere in which people have been turned on to a new band from hearing them on the compilation. The buzz on theocracy is a prime example. However, I will tell you what I tell every band that gets put on the compilation. It does not guarantee success or hype. The music is what matters and sometimes you simply don't reach an audience. That's the way of the cruel world.

As for industry exes, you can expect to see the usual gang:

Century Media
Inside Out
Nuclear Blast
Sensory Records
and others.

To be honest, I never know who is going to show up. I had no idea the Rob Rock and Richard Christy were even at the festival last year until someone told me.

Glenn H.

P.S. Inside Out signed Evergrey right after evaluating them at PP 1.

Even the bands that have played ProgPower before are interested in the compilation CD. Balance of Power will have a track from their upcoming album on this year's CDs.

--Mike

Not sure how I missed this thread originally, but I will add to it. Bands most definitely make an impact by being on this CD, but as with any music, it's up to how well you do your thing and all that fun stuff. I've gotten numerous thank yous etc. and updates from bands that appear on it getting contacted by online radio shows, seeing a spike in sales, etc.

I know, like Glenn said, that Theocracy has gotten a good word of mouth going from being on it.