Justin Broadrick

old user1

New Metal Member
Nov 30, 2005
So, for those of you who aren't familliar with his work, Broadrick is the main force behind Godflesh, Final, and Jesu. He's also been involved with Napalm Death, Techno Animal, and a ton of others.

The man is insanely productive... he's had five releases for Jesu alone in the past year, and apperently he's working with Aran Turner (Isis) on a new project called Grey Machine, and with Jarboe (SWANS) on a project called J2.

Anyways, I'm a huge fan of his, and have been ever since hearing Jesu's Self-Titled album. Are there any Broadrick fans around here?

Peace

Rorix

I think Godflesh has some interesting material along with Jesu, but he doesn't seem to be very constant. I thought his "Pale Sketches" stuff was the only interesting release of his this year. I've never heard Final, and he was only in ND in the very beginning so I can't comment on that or the others.

I am a fan of his, although i can't say i know that much about him. However, a teacher of mine at college claims to 'have links' with him ahahaha..

hibernal_dream said:
Some of his stuff is ok but in general, managing to make albums with about 5 riffs repeated ad infinitum is not a great achievement imo.

Haha, you know, that was sort of the attitude that I had when I bought Conquerer "oh great, another post-metal band to fall asleep to" but I was actually amazed at how good it was. For some reason I never get bored of his riffs, mainly due to the mood of the stuff.

Pethical said:
i love jesu and his remix work. very interested to see what he can do with aaron turner

Yeah, I love Isis, and they were saying it's going to be really heavy stuff. They've got a few other guest musicians coming in for it as well.

By the way, I'm diggin' your band. What's the schedule looking like for some sort of release?

Peace

Rorix