Kamelot at BB king's Tomorrow!

savabich2

Aug 9, 2005
Anyone coming in for this one?

I am super stoked, can't wait to see them live.
BBkingflyer.jpg

I think my band's former drummer may be opening for them with his new band. Though that might have been an earlier show this fall.

The lucky bastard :)

Dave

Okay, I'll copy and paste what I posted on the Kamelot forum:

My Religious Experience last night
ZOMFG KAMELOT KICKED SO MUCH ASS LAST NIGHT!!!! I got so many kickass pics, and I even met up with 2 people from the Kamelot forum. The only thing about that show that was bad was that it amplified my cold by 10 fold. Epica and Operatikla were amazing also.

Operatika really took me by surprise. I didn't expect them to be that AWESOME!!! Bill is ze |337 guitarrist. he schooled every single person in the room, and me n Joey were constantly agreeing with him during sound check. "*weedlyweedlyweedly* Yes. I agree!" Epica might not exactly have the best instruments, but they played awesome. I only wish they'd played Dance of Fate That song kicks so much ass.I HEART SIMONE SIMONS!!!

And Kamelot... Oh my god. OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The setlist was as follows:

When The Lights Are Down
Soul Society
On The Edge Of Paradise
Center of the Universe
The Spell
Abandoned
Moonlight
Forever w/ sing-along and Drum Solo
The Haunting
Memento Mori (OH MY GOD THIS SONG WAS AWEWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Farewell

-=ENCORE=-
KARMA.... I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY ACTUALLY PLAYED KARMA AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!
March of Mephisto

In Center of the Universe, Mari came out in a white gown, and it was SO COOL!!!!
And she came back oiut dressed like that in Abandoned also. XDD
In Forever, Thomas Youngblood did the COOLEST intro guitar solo, that it took me like a minute to figure out what was coming. (That's way too long to think aboiut what Kamelot song it was.)
Also, in the middle of that song, Khan did a crowd sing-along. He sang a vocal melody and the crowd followed.
Casey Grillo did his drum solo again. I can't believe he did his drum solo again. =D
And Oliver did the most awesomest piano solo also. Not a keyboard solo, a piano solo. He was playing a piano part, and then just went into a rediculous borderline Metal/Polka piano imrov. It was rediculous.
In Memento Mori, Mari came back out, except instead of wearing a white gown, she was wearing a really sexy, really skimpy little black dress. I wanted to get on the floor and bow down to her, but I couldn't because there wasn't even enough room to stand. o_O
Also, in Memento Mori, some guy turned around and said to me, "Dude, you're fucking awesome at singing!! You should definitely sing in a Power Metal Band!!!" That was definitely the best thing anyone said to me all night.
When they played Karma.... Oh my god. They didn't really do anything special. The fact that they PLAYED IT is special enough. KARMA IS THE BEST SONG EVER WRITTEN IN THE HISTORY OF FOREVE AND ANY OTHER OPINION THAT IS MINE IS INVALID, BECAUSE IT DOES NOT AGREE WITH MINE AND IN TURN, DOES NBOT EXIST, THUS CONCLUDING THAT KARMA IS THE BEST SONG EVER WRITTEM BY ANYONE EVER IN THE HISTORY OF FOREVER.
And they closed with The March. The guitarrist from Epica who played the sexiest 7 string guitar I've ever seen in my life came out to do the growling part in the song. That was pretty crazy.
After all was said and done, I slowly, and sloppily walked up the stairs of BB King's. My legs tired from standing for hours without sitting, hot, sweaty, lacking in Oxygen. We went upstairs, I bought my Kamelot shirt and one for the oh so lovable JP, and we went to the place next door to BB's where all the dehydrated Metalheads migrate and we got huge fucking bottles of water, which each of us all downed in like 2 seconds. I cannot wait 'till the next time Kamelot comes around. Just thinking about it gets me as giddy as a little schoolgirl. XDD

EDIT: I probably messed up a few points on the set, but that's how I remember it.

I thought the guy from Operatika sucked actually. He was fast as fuck, but he was a better Yngwie caricature than Yngwie himself.

I thought the set was pretty kickass also. My personal favorite was Abandoned. Fucking great.

As for Epica, I only knew one song from before, but they impressed me. They were excellent. And the cover of Crystal Mountain was amazing as well.

Kamelot's key guy also plays with Nick Douglas who also plays with Chris CAffery from Savatage/ TSO who had the chick from Rock Star Super Nova featuring...

Who wants to play 6 degrees with rock stars, lol?