Karaboudjan - Sbrodj

ricochet

ghetto philosopher
Jul 7, 2001
behind closed eyelids
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how Dan is involved with Karaboudjan's "Sbrodj". I just heard some sound samples of this band, which sound pretty interesting. I read that he is somehow associated with the band. Is this just a side project that isn't listed on the site, or one of the many albums he has produced? Thanks for any info.

Dan is pretty much the core of Karaboudjan, as he handles drums/bass/keys on Sbrodj . Dag also plays lead guitar/sax on it as well. Personally, I wasn't a fan of this project, but I think mainly because it didn't have any vocals. The music is pretty damn insane and beyond avantgarde. Karaboudjan was basically something that was put together after Pan Thy Monium called it a day, and the 3 songs from Sbrodj are all from 1996/97. Dan is working on the full-length from this project as I write this, apparently, among several other things...

Wow, thanks a lot. I had just read a review of it I found before you answered, but you added more to it. That's very interesting. I'll definitely have to get it soon after the few samples I heard. I can't wait to see what Dan has unveiled after these future/in progress recording sessions. :hotjump:

Originally posted by OpethianSoul
Wow, thanks a lot. I had just read a review of it I found before you answered, but you added more to it. That's very interesting. I'll definitely have to get it soon after the few samples I heard. I can't wait to see what Dan has unveiled after these future/in progress recording sessions. :hotjump:

Yeah, the material he is compiling for the full-length is taken strictly from his vaults too, I believe. He's not recording anything new, per se, but rather digging up old master tapes, cleaning up the sound, etc. I dunno, I may have to give it another chance, becuase I really dig the Pan Thy Monium albums and all--I'll just have to try harder! ;)