Katagory V reveal new album title, post demo clips and personal video message

Dustin

C-C-Cool Beans!!!
Katagory V has announced the working title for their next album, and has posted several short clips of demo songs and a personal video message online.

Commented bassist/songwriter and founding member Dustin Mitchell, “Things are picking up rather quickly in the Katagory V camp. We are currently looking at the beginning of April to officially start tracking album #5, which is running under the working title of ‘Resurrect the Insurgence’. Yes, we are sticking with the rebellious theme again, as well as a play on words concerning the fantastic new line up we have now.

“As promised, we have finally posted on our official website and MySpace page, a few short clips of songs that were recorded during our pre-production sessions a few months back, as well as a personal video message from myself introducing these clips. These are just the demos of course, but this is the first glimpse of new material in almost three years! I know it’s not much, but this is just proof that progress is being made, and that we are getting much closer to having a new album in the bag. We are putting these songs up as a huge THANK YOU to those that have supported us over the last 10 years, so we hope you enjoy them."

You can also stream and download the audio clips separately in the downloads section of the bands website or on their MySpace page.

KATAGORY V's most recent album, "Hymns Of Dissension", was released in September 2007 in Europe through Burning Star Records and in October 2007 in the U.S. on Nightmare Records.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice news!
Dude you have no idea.... A year ago at this time it was dustin and I and Al in illinois. We had 3 partially written songs, no studio, and a drummer and Bass player to pick up the songwriting slack!:yow: For us this is monumental!!!! Too many people have already expected us to give up months ago. We could have in no way accomplished half of what we did in 2009 if it wasn't for mine and Dustin's wives (and kids) understanding and supporting us and putting up with the long hours.... (And Joan for AL) Not to mention Henry from Imagika.. That dude bailed us out when we were studioless. We will forever be in his debt.
-Bizzaro

I know, less than a year ago I was one of them that didn't expect that you would find the strength to carry on.
Hoesntly, a year ago last Jan-Feb.. I was seriously bummed because I had worked my guts out learning 11 Kat 5 songs in 3 or 4 weeks prior to my audition in november of 08". I wanted so bad to be in this band and I wasn't sure if I was going to get my chance. Dustin had hinted just prior to our haitus in Jan- that he didn't know if he could do it alone. (without Curtis)

Your courage is monumental, indeed. :)

Thanks! That's a great compliment. The thing that has made the difference has been that everyone is pulling their weight. Everybody does their home work, we're not having to drag anybody by their toenails to rehearsals. Nobody has inhibiting habits, or work ethic issues. We all want to accomplish somthing with this band. That energy is what has let everything just roll off our backs, and kept us focused on our goals.
-Bizzaro