Katatonic photos

ether

°°§°°
Jan 14, 2002
Visit site
I don´t know if it has never happened to you to take a picture and then realize ho much "katatonic" it looks like...
Well me and my friend Cis had a little photosession and videosession (but this last one is more a documentary on the Swedish railways) trying to catch this kata feeling and I think some pics turned out good..I mean without using any photoshop or retouch...just my camera...
here they are:

in_the_white063.jpg

in_the_white027.jpg

in_the_white013.jpg

in_the_white049.jpg

in_the_white059.jpg

and this is taken from our future funny video..I mean the theme of the cigarett...this is also in the kata video and then the Swedish Railways and this sepia last fair deal gone down colours...
in_the_white038.jpg
in_the_white095.jpg

Nice pictures...they have a very holocausty feeling...you know with the chimneys and the railroad tracks and the snow and the cross...All you need now is barbed wire and some German guys in Nazi uniforms.

well it´s nothing professional, I whish I had an expensive camera with filters and so on..but I repeat they are just the pics as they turned out without any effect or digital correction...and that I think was the nice thing...because when I look at then I thougt, wow these colours are very katatonic too and fit with the atmosphere of the pic...

it´s a sony digital camera, 5.1 mega pix, nothing special and nothing professional..it´s good to make useless pics for fun and sometimes some pics turns out nice, but I hope when one day I´ll be rich... to buy a good and expensive camera and learn how to properly take pictures, ha ha

as for the holocaustic thing..it´s kata who like to chose these depressing locations, cemeteries, industries, abandoned bathrooms, railways...and yes the snow gives a sadder touch maybe....but I think those street lights reminds me of Viva Emptiness, the blu rails to TD and the cross of course is an allusion to The great Cold Distance photosession...

Beautiful pics! It's great when things turn out good...

I think that the railroad is prob the best, by accident or on purpose, seeing it receed into the top right hand corner is a very nice,gives depth and that "kata effect" which is common in this kind of photography

ether said:
it´s a sony digital camera, 5.1 mega pix, nothing special and nothing professional..it´s good to make useless pics for fun and sometimes some pics turns out nice, but I hope when one day I´ll be rich... to buy a good and expensive camera and learn how to properly take pictures, ha ha

as for the holocaustic thing..it´s kata who like to chose these depressing locations, cemeteries, industries, abandoned bathrooms, railways...and yes the snow gives a sadder touch maybe....but I think those street lights reminds me of Viva Emptiness, the blu rails to TD and the cross of course is an allusion to The great Cold Distance photosession...

Well I'm jewish so every little thing pretty much egnites the holocaust thingy within me...but yes it is very Viva Emptinessy...

as for the camera...A good photographer doesn't need a fancy camera to make an awesome pic!!!so great for you!!
We don't get much snow in Israel and where I live there hasn't been snow since 1957,though the last time I was in Jerusalem it was snowing and shooting snow is always a problem because it reflects light and messes up with the white ballance.

Daniel L. said:
the pics are shot at the same place as the tgcd promo shots...weird
yeah, well a part from Rosersberg pendeltåg station.....:)
Anyways of course we chose the Skogskyrkogården as location...he he, we were also looking for some Kata lookalikes and actually found around many Freds and Mattias, one Anders but no Jonas or Daniels...and I don´t think we could easily pick up some shy Swedes on the street and ask them to pose for the photosession...so it turned out a two persons session and since one had to take the picture...there is always only one person on the photos...but anyways it was a funny day:)

Whooow ether!

Awesome pics! :)
And I like them just they way they are... of course you could add some effects and change colour and stuff like that, but I think the feeling is already in this original pics.

Wonderful... I can just repeat it! =)

And someone said a good photographer needs no fancy cam... well that's right, but who wouldn't get annoyed if he/she has a cam which just makes bad quality pics. I have a problem... I can't hold still while taking a photo... so everything which came out of my old camera was coloured, blurry ...mess. *grargh* ... now I've got a better and more expensive one and I'm happy o_O

this is a picture of a cross at my town's cemetary. this is how it turn out, there was no digital alteration involved, no photoshop, etc...

Kreuz%20In%20Blau.jpg