KATORZ, the new Voivod long awaited LP

Soulcollector

Jun 21, 2005
rapidshare.de
VOIVOD (CAN)
FINISHED MIXING NEW ALBUM CALLED "KATORZ"
Written by Ricardo on Saturday 25 February 2006.

Canada's pioneering metal band VOIVOD have set "Katorz" as the title of their forthcoming album! VOIVOD, who just finished mixing the album with producer Glen Robinson at Multisons studio in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, are now mastering the album in New York.

The follow-up to 2003's "Voivod" is the first album in the band's 20-plus-year career that did not feature founding guitarist Denis "Piggy" D'Amour (died August 26, 2005 ) working alongside his bandmembers in the studio.

Artwork and a full track-listing for the album will be released soon. Stay tuned …

Apparently they kept all of Piggy's guitar riffs, he had them on his lap top and he gave Snake and Jason his password and all the file names just before he passed away. They say they're working around the music he recorded, quite heart breaking and noble really, very decent of them.

Powers said:
Apparently they kept all of Piggy's guitar riffs, he had them on his lap top and he gave Snake and Jason his password and all the file names just before he passed away. They say they're working around the music he recorded, quite heart breaking and noble really, very decent of them.
Indeed, Powers. I cannot wait to hear this one, I have been a Voivodian for quite some time (fellow citizens!) and Piggy's passing affected me more than I thought possible (one of my huge influences you see). Now, another thing remains to be seen : who will take Piggy's place for the upcoming tour ? A few suggestions : Pierre Rémillard (formerly of Obliveon) Kim Thayil (formerly of Soundgarden, underrated guitarist)... got other suggestions ?

Cheers !
R.I.P Piggy 1959 - 2005

Rick from Oddyssey said:
A few suggestions : Pierre Rémillard (formerly of Obliveon) Kim Thayil (formerly of Soundgarden, underrated guitarist)... got other suggestions ?

Cheers !
R.I.P Piggy 1959 - 2005
are those your suggestions or actual possibilities?

rip piggy

prowlergrig said:
are those your suggestions or actual possibilities?

rip piggy

Well, I know for a fact that Pierre Rémillard has always been a huge Voivod fan and he is from Montreal, so it would make sense...

Concerning Kim Thayil, I know Soundgarden and Voivod became friends when they toured together with Faith No More a few years back (Voivod was headlining), and apparently, Soundgarden's song 'SuperUnknown' was dedicated to Voivod, and Kim Thayil is presently 'unemployed' so to speak (unless someone can tell me otherwise), so it would also make sense...