Kemper Profiling Amps - First Clip / review

dcb

nerd
Dec 7, 2008
so i reamped some stuff for an upcoming production.
this is all eqd and stereo spread, still what comes out of the kemper
is without further work useless for production work,
but its not any different than working with real amps for me , hehe.

all i can say is, this thing sounds really good for my ears:
i used a mesa emulation and a mesa cabinet here.

i cant use the spdifs as there is crackling going on, probably
my cables... im using standard cinch cables...
also when loading a preset, the first 10 seconds are
somehow clipping interenally... pretty weird stuff.
hope they fix that soon!

still love the results!
try that thing out, when you can! sure a huge step from
axe fx (and podfarm of course!)

Last edited by a moderator:
You like the Kemper but your first clips sounds not that good :devil: :popcorn:

Try again :hotjump: :D :D :D

Anyway Kemper is a very interesting product! :worship:

You like the Kemper but your first clips sounds not that good :devil: :popcorn:

Try again :hotjump: :D :D :D

Anyway Kemper is a very interesting product! :worship:

i dont get what your trying to say, sorry.

everyones got different taste in guitar sounds, this one works
pretty good, actually. saying this is not "that good" - sorry i dont get what your trying to say.
i love upfront guitarsounds. this one cuts through the mix perfectly. to my ears this thing sounds really really good.
but thats up to taste!

I'm with phisk on this one, this clip doesn't sound that good. Like you say it may be a matter of preference, or it may sound better in the mix, but what I hear in this clip doesn't impress me at all.

haha, guess i have to show you incontext what this thing does.
again, this is eqd and stereo spread so it leaves all the room for bass and drums.
having worked with podfarm 1 (not 0.9 - how did you get your hands on that, i need that!!)
2.5 and even the old bean, i must say, this thing is far superior. i can only advise you guys to try
it out and find your own sound with it !

Sounds a bit like the Death Magnetic tone. Sounds good, but why don't you post the full mix? Also, when I heard the thing at the SAE Alumni Convention in Berlin the on-board EQ sounded really artificial to me. What's your take on the built-in stuff?

yeah, im pretty new with that thing, got my hands on it yesterday.
its not as versatile to my ears, most amps do sound the same actually...
i mean i couldnt really hear a huge difference in diezel vh4 vs mesa boogie single recto. i need to get my hands on better cabinets.
the tone here again leaves space for drums, bass but also strings etc.

i know its not everyones favorite tone, but its very usable!

i will post an update in a mix as soon as i have it ready! (probably tomorrow!)

the onboard eq indeed is a little fake sounding on the high end...
i pushed the high end hard here, thats what some folks might refer to as sounding podfarm .9 . im not sure, will test more and get a rest - reset my ears. will get back with more samples!

For me I can’t tell if this tone will work less it’s in a mix. Buy itself it sounds like an intro tone before the REAL; fuller tone with bass comes in.

Why do people post solo guitar tones, it makes no sense. It only matters how it sounds in the mix... A tone can sound totally shit by itself, but slay in a mix. Or can sound amazing by itself, yet shit in the mix. Solo is useless.

haha, guys im super sorry, i will get back with more useful stuff. will get back with a full mix!

as long as the sound of the kemper is close to the original it doesn't matter if you like the tone or not. if you can dial in the tone to your liking the kemper still could be cool!