kick help (drumagog etc.)

Apr 20, 2006
My band recently recorded a few songs and I'm getting a decent kick sound...but it's just not one we want to use in our songs.
I was using drumagog for a while, but the trial just ran out and I can't seem to get a key generator to work for me.

Can anyone give me some tips on getting a better kick sound (job for a cowboy 'ish) or lead me in the direction of a key for drumagog or another program I could use?
:)

i normaly start with the following eq for kick:

+3dB 70...90Hz (Q=1.4) more body, fatness (u can also try shelving of +4db or 5dB between 70 / 100Hz)
+6dB 300...400Hz (Q=1.4)
+4db 2/3K or 4/5kHz (Q=1.4 to 2.8) more attack/kick
+3dB 12 or + kHz (shelving)

i get a nice kick sound using this eq (at least it's a good start and u can try tweaking from there)

mmetalmilitiaa said:
Can anyone give me some tips on getting a better kick sound (job for a cowboy 'ish)
first of all you need to play the kick drum terribly sloppy to achieve that sound.[/QUOTE]

mmetalmilitiaa said:
or lead me in the direction of a key for drumagog or another program I could use?
:)

this really is not the place for something like that dude. maybe you could just pay for it like the rest of us?

but yea on another note http://apulsoft.ch/aptrigga/index.php
that should do the trick for a fraction of the price.

sorceron said:
first of all you need to play the kick drum terribly sloppy to achieve that sound.

this really is not the place for something like that dude. maybe you could just pay for it like the rest of us?

but yea on another note http://apulsoft.ch/aptrigga/index.php
that should do the trick for a fraction of the price.

They Eq'ed it to sound that whay. It has nothing to do with his playing.

-I came here with this question becuase I have seen people (in the past) talking about key's for it....

Thanks for the link.:headbang: :headbang:

mmetalmilitiaa said:
They Eq'ed it to sound that whay. It has nothing to do with his playing.

of course dude it was a joke in reference to how bad that guy sucks IMO. im friends with dudes in the band too and ill still say it. someone should introduce him to a click track.

Yo, Rim is cool - every time i had a question/problem/request he responded in a second to my emails.

The big companies (digi/steini etc) are far far away of giving some kind of a support.