Killer New 'Ghost Reveries' Review!

Just thought i'd add to what Sanzen said.

thought-provoking “The Grand Conjuration”

I like the song, but dont see how it can be counted as 'thought-provoking'. I'm not an expert reviewer or anything, but I find that all that review really did was say how great Opeth and Ghost Reveries are, without really describing why. If the reviewer hadn't labelled it Opeth, I would have thought the review was for a Dream Theater album.

The parentheses really fragment the flow of the review, making it a bit hard to read. Yeah I know, bitchbitchbitch.

The guy who wrote that seemed to be more excited with using high language than actually describing the album... It seems that he took a review of another album and simply exchanged the names of the songs, hence - 'the blistering Hours of Wealth' (goddamn this one was good :D ), 'the curiously-titled “Beneath The Mire”' and 'thought-provoking “The Grand Conjuration”'... I guess it would help if the guy actually LISTENED to the album and not just masturbated himsefl with volcabulary...

that was friggin hilarious... he starts with a line from the dictionary... hahahahah... I did that in like a grade 5 speech competition...

"smoldering epicenter" :headbang: that was the best line of the review...what an ass...

and it DOES sound like the guy just replaced the members of dream theater with the members of Opeth... hahahaha

What the hell is this?
"eight song (!)"
What's so strange for an album to have eight songs?

Oh well, the things that bothers me the most... well, I'll let this list do the talking:

painfully unimaginative
generally unspecific
impossibly sweeping
incredibly exhaustive
maddeningly infectious
impressively multi-dimensional
imaginatively punishing
relentlessly pummeling
increasingly stagnant
painfully inbred
immensely impressive
truly breathtaking
undeniably ingenious
genuinely pleasant
painfully dud-filled
decidedly grandiose

Not exactly what I'd call dynamic writing.

annt said:
What the hell is this?
"eight song (!)"
What's so strange for an album to have eight songs?

Oh well, the things that bothers me the most... well, I'll let this list do the talking:

painfully unimaginative
generally unspecific
impossibly sweeping
incredibly exhaustive
maddeningly infectious
impressively multi-dimensional
imaginatively punishing
relentlessly pummeling
increasingly stagnant
painfully inbred
immensely impressive
truly breathtaking
undeniably ingenious
genuinely pleasant
painfully dud-filled
decidedly grandiose

Not exactly what I'd call dynamic writing.

haha.