KILLER TECH METAL!!!!!!!!!

Inner Peace

New Metal Member
Oct 1, 2006
MARTYR..........This band is new to me. Im not a fan of death vocals as a rule but they get a pass because they are so amazing. Anyone else dig them?

Never heard of them, not into Death all taht much just a couple mainstream ones(CC, Deicide, Bolt Thrower). But Necrophagist is my fav. tech death band and I saw them open for CC and it was so awesome, Necro owns.

I've been wanting to see Martyr play for several years. They are tops in the technical death scene, IMO.

Why do you prefer Martyr over Necrophagist?

I'm not disagreeing with you btw. Martyr has more of a song like quality to me than Necro... Just curious on your thoughts :)

I enjoy both Martyr and Necrophagist. Another tech. death band I am really enjoying is Gorod. Their latest cd "Leading Vision" is really damn good.

Yeah, Martyr is really good...I've been listening to more and more tech death lately and I really like the genre. What are some other good bands (I'm already into stuff like Necrophagist, Arsis, and Quo Vadis).

Yeah, Martyr is really good...I've been listening to more and more tech death lately and I really like the genre. What are some other good bands (I'm already into stuff like Necrophagist, Arsis, and Quo Vadis).

Definantly check out and atleast give Gorod a try. I'm not sure if many ppl here enjoy them or not but I've been into Arsis and Necrophagist for quite awhile and stumbled upon Gorod while reading some reviews online. I can only speak of their latest effort, entitled "Leading Vision". In my opinion, it is some really good stuff.

I would love other suggestions of similar bands. I just noticed my screen name happens to be a Martyr song, that's weird. I just heard Martyr for the first time yesterday, LOL...

Meshuggah isn't death metal....

If you also want to hear some tech death metal I also recommend....

Sleep Terror
Spawn of Possession
Quo Vadis
Augury
Atheretic
Nocturnus
Gorguts
Beneath the Massacre
Crytopsy

Why is canada mostly known for the tech death metal? Cryptopsy, Quo Vadis, Augury, Atheretic, Martyr, Into Eternity, Beneath the Massacre, Gorguts, Nueraxis,ect.??

Meshuggah isn't death metal....

If you also want to hear some tech death metal I also recommend....

Sleep Terror
Spawn of Possession
Quo Vadis
Augury
Atheretic
Nocturnus
Gorguts
Beneath the Massacre
Crytopsy

Why is canada mostly known for the tech death metal? Cryptopsy, Quo Vadis, Augury, Atheretic, Martyr, Into Eternity, Beneath the Massacre, Gorguts, Nueraxis,ect.??

To add to this list:

Atheist
Lykathea Aflame
Demilich
Psyopus
Gory Blister
Alarum
Aghora
Pavor
Gnostic
Anata
The End