Killers -- Listen Please!!

Crossy

IMG Hellhound
May 15, 2001
Australia
www.maidendownunder.com
Ive just done a mix of Paul doing Killers. Advice on the mix would be nice. Remeber some of the tracks are over a year old and im not that great at mixing.

I added compression to the track. I couldn't see anything wrong when I did it.. but you guys might pick up on that.

There are a few clicks and pops through the song.. thats my fault when I recorded.

Thanks chaps :)

ps. paul I found a reg maker for ntrack.

Hi Crossy,

I've kinda been out of it for awhile as far as the IMG is concerned. I did grab this and give it a couple solid listens. I still think the mix sounds good. Bass sounds much better. I think the overall guitar tone you guys got sounds good...a nice raw/rough tone to match the original.

I do have some minor comments...couple easy to fix...

1. Intro vocals are way too loud. This is all 'screams' from start to 1:07 mark. In contrast to verse vocals (which I think are at the perfect volume) they stick out like a sore thumb.

2. Same with vocals from 2:47 -3:12. Too loud. Furthermore - and I don't know if you put effects on or 7th, but 'forsee' is very, very dry compared to the rest of the vocal track...which makes is sound very out of place.

3. 2nd guitar solo is a hair too low. Just a hair.

Oh.............YeAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!:)

Cool screams!!!:)

Overall, I think it's a good mix.:)

Things I noticed:
The drums sound like they've been squashed or overly compressed.
There are a couple of spots where the vocal jumps out dry.

Good job guys!:)

Hyde,

If memory serves me correct, the drums were that way from the raw mp3...so I don't think there is much Crossy can do for it there. I agree with the dry vocals sticking out like a sore thumb. I mentioned the most glarign one above.

Medsy: Mailing it to you now bro.

Wow guys..... what a cool ' Vintage ' sounting mix you came up with there.....!!! And thats a compliment by the way.....

I liked it....although agree about some levels though....thought leads needed to go up a bit....and needed to ' dampen ' some of the highs with the drums hi- hats.....

But it still rocked.....